Chapter - 6

Two men walked in with a body in between their arms, muttering something about annoying children. They placed the body on the bed and walked out.

Lucas took a relived breath, then came out of his hiding spot, he was so afraid that they would see him he didn't even realise the body was Valerie.

Lucas rushed beside the bed; afraid it was too late.

"Valerie..." Lucas whispered in a desperate voice.

Valerie was barely breathing, what type of torture had they done to her?

"Valerie!" Lucas whispered again; he shook Valerie a little, when that didn't work, he took a cup of water which was placed on the table and splashed it on Valerie's face.

Valerie didn't move a little, not even a little flinch.

Lucas heard a noise and turned back; the doorknob was being turned again, outside were noises, this time ones he recognised, it was Doctor Williams and his partner.

Without thinking, Lucas ran to the door and locked it, for extra precaution, he pushed the table and chair towards the door.

Now they definitely knew he was in here.

His whispering turned into desperate screams, followed by banging on the door, Doctor Williams was cursing something about 'bloody kids'.

Before Lucas knew it, tears were falling down his face.

Doctor Williams pushed the door open, holding a gun.

"We have to take you home now boy, I am done with your stupid games."

"NO!" Lucas screamed in denial, "NO!"

He had come so far, all for nothing, he couldn't just play cool anymore, Lucas grabbed the gun out of Doctor Williams hand.

The guard behind him got alarmed, shooting a bullet at Lucas's leg, Lucas fell down, clutching his leg, and dropping the gun, he let out a sobbed scream, The guard cocked the gun, now aimed at his head.

Lucas reached for the gun, but Doctor Williams grabbed it, stepping on Lucas's leg, Lucas shrieked.

"You know Lucas, we were just planning on telling your mother that we saved you from Valerie, I guess now we have to tell her we were too late."

The guard pulled the trigger, and screamed, bracing a painful death, instead the bullet stopped mid- air.

Lucas knew it only meant one thing, and turned back, Valerie was standing behind him with her hand out, she gave Lucas a reassuring smile, helping him up and placing him on the bed.

She turned to look at Doctor Williams and the guard, she took a step forward and screamed, her eyes fixed on the guard, he banged into the wall and dropped unconscious.

She moved her eyes to look at Doctor Williams giving him her bloodshot death stare, she dropped her hand and moved closer to him, he banged towards the wall, like the guard, unconscious.

Lucas groaned in pain, and Valerie carried him up with her powers, bravely walking in the hallway, pushing away every doctor and guard unconscious, she couldn't let anything stop her from getting Lucas to safety.

Lucas laughed, and Valerie looked at him as if he was crazy.

"Oh no.." she said, touching his head, as if he had a fever. "Is the pain making you hallucinate?"

Lucas laughed again. "No- actually maybe, I don't know, but I just realised that I came here to save you, and you're saving me."

"If it weren't for you, I would still be in there." Valerie assured him.

She placed him in the back seat of the car he stole.

"Now..." says Valerie. "How do you drive this thing?"

"Actually... I don't know." Lucas admitted, before screaming in pain.

Valerie took in a deep breath, motioning him to lie down, when he did Valerie put her hand out, mumbling. Lucas screamed more, the bullet flew out of his leg, Lucas stopped screaming, relaxing himself on the seat.

"It should be good now." Valerie said, dusting her hands and rubbing the sweat on her forehead.

"Does using your powers tire you out?" Lucas asked, surprised she hasn't passed out yet, he got up, his leg still wobbly but able of walking.

Valerie would've preferred not to answer, but if it weren't for him, she would still be at the asylum rotting in her prison of a room.

"Yes." She answered forcefully, Valerie has never liked showing she was weak to anybody, she always believed it would give them ways to exploit her.

Lucas simply smiled, noticing the uncomfortable look on her face, maybe he shouldn't have asked her that question, but at least she was opening up to him a little now, after all she has only known him for three days.

Lucas walked past Valerie, to the road.

"Cab please!" He yelled, and a cab pulled up, Lucas opened the door for Valerie.

"You can go first." He insisted.

Valerie got in waiting for him to do so as well.

"Where are we going?" Valerie asked.

"Actually... I don't know." Lucas admitted, and the driver shot him a sharp glare, Lucas cringed, remembering that the driver was there too.

"Uh... can you drop us off at the uh... woods?" Lucas asked, definitely no hint in his voice that he was completely sure about the idea.

The driver gave him a crazy look then started driving, by half an hour they reached the woods, Lucas had no idea the woods was this far away.

Lucas got out, Valerie did the same, he thanked the driver and payed with the limited amount of cash he had in his hand.

Valerie stared at him confused.

"What?" Lucas asked, as the driver drove away.

"Why did you give him paper?"

Lucas showed the cash on Valerie's face.

"It's money." Lucas replied.

"Money." Valerie repeated. "What in the world is that?"

"Literally what the world lives by."

Valerie wasn't sure if that answered her question, but she was too annoyingly to second it.

"So..." Valerie said. "Here we are... back where we started." Her voice was clear on disappointment, and a little bit of annoyance.

Lucas patted her on the back.

"It'll be fine Val, I guess we have to find a place to camp now, totally easy." Lucas said, sarcastically on the last part.

Valerie sighed, remembering all the voices she heard here, the screaming, growling, chomping, everything that was on her nightmares till now.

She really didn't want to go back in there.

"Let's go." Valerie told, her voice breaking as she followed him inside the dark woods.

Author's note:

Hello dear readers,

Chapter 6 is here and hopefully you all liked it.

Lucas and Valerie's friendship bond is growing, but will it survive all that is going to happen?

Await for the upcoming chapters!!

Thanks,

Aspiring_writer