Chapter - 13

"I-I'm sorry I don't know who your'e talking about... you must be mistaken." Lucas lied, tightening his grip on Valerie, who was still passed out.

Lucy scoffed.

"I'd know you anywhere Lucas."

Lucas shook his head, still trying to fake his personality.

"What are you wearing a wig? Or did you dye your hair." Lucy asked, her hands crossed, she was giving him a piercing death stare.

His face was becoming clearer, the sun was starting to rise, which made Lucas guess the time as six or seven a.m.

"I don't know what you are talking about. Sorry." Lucas told, wondering if he could just sprint away. How exactly fast could his mom be?

"Quit pretending, I've known you for Twelve whole years, you can't lie to me." She said, her anger level rising.

"I suppose that's the asylum girl."

She stared at Valerie.

Lucas sighed.

Their cover was blown. His mom was probably going to give Valerie to the authorities and ground him for eternity.

"How'd you find us?" Lucas asked.

Lucy smiled, a little bit of cockiness, snark, but mostly relief.

She had finally found her son.

After what felt like a million years to her.

"A officer heard a bit of suspicious activity going on here, I was at the police station, I got here before they did."

"Why?" Lucas questioned.

"If the girl is so important to you, more than your home and freedom, I figured she must mean a lot, for all the trouble you've been through, I didn't want to hand her over to the authorities, if I came with them, she would be taken away." Lucy replied.

"So you are not going to hand over Val?"

"If 'Val' is her name... then yes, I won't hand her over." Lucy said, her words interrupted by a bear hug from Lucas.

Lucy smiled.

"We should go now, the police are going to be here any time soon." Lucy warned.

Lucas picked Valerie back up, halfway to the walk to his mom's car. Lucas stopped, almost dropping Valerie.

"What's wrong?" Lucy asked.

"We... don't exactly have anywhere to go." Lucas replied.

"How about our house?" Lucy suggested. "Last I checked, which was ten minutes ago by the way, it wasn't blown to bits."

Lucas nodded, getting in the car with his mom, who started the car, he placed Valerie in the back seat, and sat in the seat next to his mom.

The car ride wasn't that long, but Lucas still chatted with his mom the whole way, she shared what she had been going through, while Lucas shared how they had to keep moving, he never mentioned why they did, just that it was 'not safe', which was partially the truth.

"So, what happened to your friend?" Lucy asked, taking a quick glance at Valerie.

Lucas wasn't sure what to answer that doesn't give out the information about the monster, and what had happened to her in the woods.

"The asylum found us... she tried to help." Lucas lied.

"Hmm..." Lucy started. "How did she help, she got shot by a bullet or something?"