Chapter - 2

Lucas stares at Valerie in shock, it's not every day he finds a random girl in his room. Valerie takes a deep breath and starts to talk "I'm Valerie" she introduced. "So, uh... do you have a name?"

"Uh of course, sorry" Lucas stretches his hand out waiting for her to shake it "I'm Lucas" Lucas kept his hand out for a while. "Soo... are you going to shake it?"

Valerie stares at him confused. "Shake it?"

"Yeah, it's a thing people do when they meet new people." Lucas explained, surprised she didn't know what it meant. "Um...are you from around here?" he asked, still staring at her, she looked so different yet so familiar as if he had seen her before.

Then it clicked.

"You're the girl that escaped the mental asylum, aren't you?" he asked Valerie, feeling fear come up. It started bubbling inside him more when she nodded.

"A-Are you afraid...of me?" Valerie asked, hoping he wasn't, if she was going to survive in this new world then she desperately needed some help.

"O-Of course not" Lucas lied. She didn't look as scary as they had described her on the news, instead she looked.... Frightened, like him.

"I-I can go" Valerie offered.

"N-No, you can stay." Lucas said "Sorry if I came out the wrong way, I'm just surprised. That's it...uh would you like anything...food?"

Valerie nods, and Lucas heads down to get her some food, he comes up with a box of cereal and a jar of milk.

"Here." Lucas hands the food to her.

Valerie sits back down on Lucas's bed and gobbles down the food.

Lucas hands her a couple more boxes of cereal. "I've got to go to school now so this will probably last you for today."

"School?" Valerie asks. "What's that?"

"Oh- um wait...how have you not been to or heard of a school?" Lucas asked.

"I've never really been exposed to much social activities at the asylum" Valerie explained. "I was kind of just there for experimentation."

Dizziness kicked into Valerie...Screams...Pain.... Blood.

Suddenly Valerie was back there in the room, and the same man who had shaved off her hair was on her bed.

"Focus on the can Valerie" he told her.

Valerie's whole focus was on the can, and she had crushed it... with her mind. Followed by that scene was clapping.

"Splendid job Valerie." The man applauded.

It kicked in... She wasn't back at the asylum...it was just a memory, from when she was young, she had looked about five years old in the memory.

"Thank you, father" Valerie said.

"Hello?" Valerie opened her eyes and Lucas was in front of her snapping his fingers. "You good?"

"Yeah... I was just thinking." Valerie replied.

"About what?" Lucas asked, but Valerie's answer was interrupted by his mom's call for him to get out of bed and come up for breakfast.

"I-uh I got to go, but I'll talk to you after school. Stay hidden."

Valerie saw Lucas leaving, and she headed up when she saw his sister, and his parents leaving as well. She started exploring the house and getting curiouser and curiouser by the minute, after all, she had never been exposed to this type of stuff before and she has never even known it existed. Valerie turned on the television and started switching the channels, a bunch of music came on and Valerie jerked back when she heard the loud noise.

Valerie took out her wig and felt her shaved hair, a tear dropped down. The last time her hair had been shaved was when she was around five years old, she was asked to crush a coke can with her mind, and she couldn't do it. The memory felt like it was piercing her chest.

She couldn't help feeling a bit jealous when she walked around the house looking at all the photos of Lucas and his family, they were all smiling, and laughing, it looked like the life she had always wanted. She put her hand through her shaved hair again and the memory came flashing back so fast that it gave her a headache.

Valerie walked away from the photos, and she went to the kitchen and took a couple of chocolates from the fridge and she shuddered, it was very cold in there, she didn't even know why she went inside.

She heard keys jangling in the door and ran upstairs to Lucas's room and hid herself under his bed.

Lucas's mom walked in "Hello? Is anyone home? Lucas? Tara? Bob?" his mom asked walking upstairs and into Lucas's room. She scanned it for five minutes and at one point Valerie was convinced she was going to get caught, but his mom walked away and left to her room.

Valerie let out a breath which she hadn't realized she'd been holding. Lucas's mom left fifteen minutes after she came turns out she left her wallet at home.

Valerie came back out of the bed and took a deep breath, that was close. If she had gotten caught then she would be back there, in the asylum...tortured.... depressed.

Valerie shook out the thought, that would never happen... right?

Valerie closed her eyes, when the doorbell rang, and she heard Lucas's voice.

"It's me Valerie open the door." Lucas said, banging on the door.

Valerie ran back down, happy, she didn't like it very much alone. She opened the door and Lucas walked in.

"Hey." Lucas said closing the door. "How was it at home? Do anything fun?"

Valerie nodded no, "I was exploring around the house."

Lucas stared and Valerie's shaved head. "What in the world did you do to your hair?" Lucas asked, then saw the wig in Valerie's hand "It... wasn't real?"

Valerie's mouth stayed shut.

"C'mon Valerie... I'm your friend now, you can trust me, I promise." Lucas assured, noticing Valerie was shaking. "If you're not comfortable with telling me then it's ok, I just want you to trust me..." Lucas sighed when Valerie walked back. "It's ok Val."

"Val?" Valerie asked.

"It's short for Valerie... cool right?"

Valerie smiled. "Yeah, cool." She walked close to him. "I'm sorry Lucas."

"For what?"

"For not trusting you...you're right, I can't hide forever I can't be a coward I-"Valerie breaks down in tears. "I'm so sorry."

"Hey...Val, don't do that to yourself, no one has been through what you have it's perfectly normal for you to feel this way. I don't blame you...I promise."

Valerie couldn't remember any other time she has smiled this much, actually she couldn't remember any other time she had smiled at all before today.

Lucas opened his mouth to speak, but it was interrupted by the doorbell.

"No one should be home at this time" Lucas said. "Stay here Val I'll go check."

Lucas shoved Valerie into a broom closet and opened the door, four men in white suits came in, and showed a search warrant.

Lucas took a peek at Valerie through a crack in the closet and she was mouthing a lot of words but he could only make out one.

"Bad."

Author's note:

Hello dear readers,

This is the second chapter and Valerie has started to trust Lucas and probably the only person in the world she trusts right now. 

Will he be hold it or break it.

Stay tuned...

By the way if you like the story, do not forget to press the vote button, those are my boosters and I will try to upload chapters as frequently as I can.

Thanks.

aspiring_writer.