Chapter - 14

"Valerie?" Her fathers voice echoed, in her mind. "Today we are going to attempt a special...activity." He finished.

"Are you ready for it?"

Valerie nodded, she seemed to be about eight in the memory, young and naïve, not much has changed.

Doctor Williams took her hand, guiding her to an empty room. It looked like an interrogation room as in police departments.

There was a glass window separating Doctor Williams and Valerie, he sat on the other side, just as he pushed her inside.

Valerie could feel her confidence in the memory, not feel... to her it was more like... remembering.

Valerie looked around the room, it was completely white, a little odd for Valerie. The other rooms in the asylum, including her own, had very small black dots on the white wallpaper.

She could smell rotting flesh and meat.

A figure appeared near the wall, mostly in shadows, it let out a roar, and Valerie took a step back, she couldn't let her curiosity get the best of now.

The figure started to become clearer, Valerie shrieked when the whole image appeared in front of her eyes.

It had a majestic orange and black body.

A tiger.

Valerie took more steps back, trying to walk slowly and quietly towards the wall. That didn't help at all, the tiger was eyeing her like prey, waiting for the right moment.

"HELP!" Valerie screamed, as the tiger lunged for her.

The tiger's mouth got a hold on a small part of her hospital dress, Valerie put her hand out front and the tiger flew back, taking a small part of her dress with it.

The tiger got back up, furious.

"HELP ME, PLEASE" she shrieked.

Doctor Williams was watching from outside, remembering this memory, also made her lose the mercy she had for him. He was a psychopath, who let his only daughter fight a man- eater.

"FATHER!" Valerie yelled, in between sobs.

She put both her hands out front, she was too young, too powerless, her powers weren't enough to ward off the tiger, it came closer, scratching Valerie's arm.

Valerie screamed, and Doctor Williams sighed, opening the door, two guards drugged the tiger. Doctor Williams sent the two of his guards to pick Valerie up.

Valerie struggled, screaming.

"LET ME GO!"

One of the guards took a taser and shocked her before throwing her back inside the room.

"Valerie?" Lucas said. "Valerie? Are you okay?"

Valerie's mind jumped back into reality; her head hurt really bad.

"I'm good." She replied.

"You were out for... two minutes Valerie, are you sure you're, okay?"

Valerie simply nodded.

Lucas wasn't convinced, he was wondering whether he should've asked more. What could she possibly be thinking right now?

"Do you need to rest more?" Lucas asked, concerned.

Valerie shook her head. She was pretty sure that since they met, she had been knocked out more than awake. She didn't want to waste another minute thinking about the past.

"What do we do... now that we are here, and I hope... safe?" Lucas questioned.

"I don't know." Valerie replied, her mind wasn't up for thinking.