Chapter 28

Daisy

Aurora was so sweet, she was such a nice girl. She always took care of me, we grew up together and she couldn't like me...she shouldn't...

"Daisy?" She softly called my name, I looked up at her and she was staring down at me with worry. She had a drink in her hand and a plate with a some scrambled eggs and sausage.

"You didn't eat anything since we got here, I asked V to make you something" she smiled and put the plate and the drink in front of me, her eyes filled with worry and excitement, love, and care, she was so pure and I never meant to snap at her the other day. I was just confused and scared..

I tried to explain myself and why I was avoiding her, but it was her turn to snap at me. And since then it's been awkward and weird between us. But even though things were a bit off, I always found myself staring at her, caring for her.

"Thank you" I whispered, her face softened at the sound of my voice. I always noticed how soft she'd get when I'm around, she's so gentle and careful with me. I put my hand to her face and my fingers caressed the scar on her eyebrow, I gently slid my hand to the one on her lip.

"Your lip..." I leaned closer to get a better look at the wound, I watched her pupils dilate.

"..why isn't it healing?" I asked softly, she licked her lip over the scar and I found myself focusing on her tongue as it brushed on her skin. I realized she didn't answer my question so I pulled away to get a better look at her face. Her cheeks were a bit red and she was holding her breath in.

Adorable.

"You didn't answer my question" I put my hand on her neck and slid it done her exposed shoulder until I reached the rough skin on her bicep.

"Why isn't your body healing?" She swallowed hard and looked down at my hand before looking back at me, I was just worried about her, that's all. She meant so much to me, maybe too much...

"The wolves have this antidote that can kill vampires, they used it on me and my skin wouldn't heal. I'm afraid I'm going to stay like this for the rest of my life" she looked sad, disappointed and scared. The scars were very obvious and she must feel so insecure about them, I wanted to comfort her and make her feel better about herself because to be honest she looked badass.

"Don't worry about looking bad, they look...cute" I smiled at her and leaned to wrap my arms around her in a hug. My whole body wants to merge with hers, it unconsciously craves her presence, it almost feels like my soul needs to be close to hers. I feel safe in her arms, I feel like...myself.

"You're still the same Aurora, to me"

But everytime I remember what people say about us, it makes me want to rip my own skin. They believe we're sisters, they say we're family and I can't stop imagining that. I cringed a bit at the thought and quickly pulled away. She looked hurt because I was making a disgusted face, but not at her, she could never disgust me, but at the thought of liking a family member in a romantic way.

"Daisy I'm going to ask you something, and you have to answer me honestly" Aurora said seriously and put her hands over mine holding them.

"Do I make you feel uncomfortable? Please if I do, tell me and I'll never touch you, hug you or be close to you again...say one word and I'll be gone" her eyes started to water and I couldn't keep looking at them, they were breaking my heart, her words made my chest hurt.

"I-" I started, I was trying to find the words to explain to her that she didn't make me uncomfortable but the thought of us being almost sisters and looking at each other like this is what made me uncomfortable. I heard her sigh and she was about to get up and leave but I gripped her hands and pulled her back down.