Chapter 20

Aurora

Numb and angry, that's all I've been feeling for the last few days. I've ignored everyone's calls, I've ignored everyone's knocks on my bedroom door. I just wanted to be alone, I just wanted to rethink my decisions, to rethink my life.

"788..789.." I counted the pushups my hair was in a messy bun, I was in shorts and a sports bra and I haven't slept in two days straight. Each time I think about her I had to do a push up, and this is where it lead me.

'I'm childish? I'm stupid? I'm an asshole?' I thought to myself, I was never an asshole to her or to anyone. Stupid? Yes, that I am, for thinking she'll ever like me back, stupid for falling in love in the first place.

"Aurora? Can you come down here for a moment?" I heard my mom say from the other side of the house, some bedrooms in the house are soundproof and some aren't. Mine is so I always keep the window open to hear if someone calls for me.

"Yes mom" I mumbled and got up, I wasn't sweating so I just put a shirt over my head and walked downstairs following my mom's perfume. I heard the door open and I caught Sam and Lola's scent along with another, a wolf?

"Mom, I swear I didn't mean to hang-" Sam came rushing towards my mom, but my mom was just smiling at her. She brushed her hand against my sister's cheek and leaned down to kiss her head.

"It's alright baby, but it won't happen again, right?" My mom said with a soft smile, my sister nodded and hugged our mom letting out a sigh of relief. Lola walked in behind her with a baby in her arms. The baby smelled like a werewolf.

"What's the pup doing in our house?" I asked confused, the baby was clinging to Lola's chest pulling on her hood and red hair.

"I found her a few days ago, she doesn't have a family." Lola replied simply, I didn't bother asking any questions, it's their life they can do whatever they please with it. I nodded and turned to face my mom.

"Yes mom? Why did you call me?"

"Fresh blood in the fridge, drink before you lose your mind" she pointed to the kitchen, I nodded and made my way there. I opened the fridge and grabbed the bottle, I took a sip and hummed in satisfaction feeling my body getting revived again, my energy was restored and I was feeling a bit better. Still heartbroken but at least not tired.

I felt something bump against my ankle and I looked down, the wolf pup was trying to bite it. She shifted into a gray wolf.

"Go away" I said and pulled my leg but she kept following me around the kitchen trying to bite me, playfully of course. I grabbed her by the nape of her neck which is the back part behind her head and picked her up. She growled at me and I rolled my eyes at how feisty she was.

"A feisty one, huh" I smiled and put her on one of the high cabinets, she looked around trying to find a way to go down but it was too high for her. I watched her struggle to find a way down, she looked at me for a moment and bent down growling at me, this one wasn't playful.

So I stood up from the stool and walked to her, I watched her ears drop and she started whining, she was suddenly afraid like she was scared I'll come hurt her, I wasn't. I was just going to pick her up and put her down on the floor.

In a blink of an eye Lola was in the kitchen, when she saw where the pup was her eyes screamed anger, she glared at me for a moment before picking up the wolf pup in her arms.

"What the hell is wrong with you Aurora?" She asked, the baby shifted back to her human and she was crying.

"I was going to put her down again"

"She's a baby, grow the fuck up." She pushed past me and out of the kitchen, I've never seen Lola so angry. Why was she so upset? It was a joke. I sighed and sat back down on the chair and took another sip. What the hell is wrong with me? Why am I suddenly so...mean?

My phone suddenly started ringing pulling me out of my trance, I looked at the caller ID and it was V. She's been calling me but I didn't feel like picking up.

"Sup" I answered,

"You disappear for two fuckin days and this is how you greet me? I'm gonna kill your ass" she said sounding a bit upset, I rolled my eyes and sipped on the blood.

"What do you want?"

"The fuck you mean? Come to the rink, you have a game in literally thirty minutes. You better show up, your team needs you, also Jasey is asking about you" I sighed and thought about it for a moment, I might need a change of mood I've been having depressive episodes and I need to breathe a bit.

"Kay" I hangup and went to grab my car keys, I walked in front of the living room where my mom, Sam and Lola were still sitting.

"Where are you going?" I heard my sister ask,

"Out" I slammed the door shut and unlocked my car, why is everyone in my damn business lately?

-

"Fuckin finally! The pretty princess decided to show up!" Coach Carlson yelled when I walked in the locker room, I didn't bother answering him and grabbed my stuff. Putting on my team jersey and helmet, along with the shields, I grabbed my skates and stick then left ignoring my teammates.

After putting on my skates, I slid into the rink skating around the ice waiting for everyone to show up, that's when I caught a glimpse of V. She put her fingers up and asked me to come closer.

"Give me that" she snatched my stick and hit me on the head with it, good thing I was wearing my helmet. I stared at her blankly, not really in the mood for any of this.

"Get your shit together, it's not the end of the world." She pushed my head away urging me to go back to the rink, I nodded and skated away. I saw Jasey warming up with a puck and I went to her.

"This is gonna be my last game" I said and stole the puck from her, she gave me a confused look before coming closer.

"What?! What do you mean?" She tried to get an answer out of me but didn't succeed and eventually gave up.

"Do you wanna talk about it later?" I shook my head no and went to my spot, waiting for the referee to blow the start whistle. The other team was in good shape but they had nothing on us, Penny alone will take their strongest player.

The game started and it was good so far, everyone was focused trying to finish the half time with a lead that's untill one of the other players slammed harshly against Jasey, the collision spot was next to the audience and specifically in front of Daisy. I blinked a few times to try and understand what the fuck just happened, the girl brushed her hand over Daisy's face before winking at her. Flirtatiously.

Daisy gave her a confused look before sitting back down in her chair, I watched the girl as she skated away from her. Before I knew it I was in front of her, or on her, or whatever. I slammed my shoulder so hard against her she hit the glass on the side board and it shattered, I think I broke the poor human even.

"Fuck you man! You dislocated my shoulder!" She screamed holding on her shoulder in pain, I heard people gasp and murmur that I was being unnecessarily rough.

Her teammates swarmed me trying to fight me but my teammates were pushing them away, but somehow one of them landed a punch. I could feel everything around us stop, I was about to shove my fist in this girl's head and leave a hole in it. But I didn't...

Actually nevermind...

I punched her hard enough her helmet flew off her head. I was ready to get another girl but I felt someone tackle me back. Verena was on top of me holding me down.

"Aurora, your fangs" she whisper yelled, I pushed her off of me and touched my lips feeling the small cuts my fangs left on them.

My mom isn't going to be happy about this..

******************************************
Hi!

Muah

-S