I Did

I was in the diner. It wasn't full today- as a matter of fact nobody was here. Nobody but Cassie. Julia was on her way. I cooked three waffles and brought them to our table. "Thanks again, Y/n." Cassie said.
"No problem. Uhh, i got a text from my friend, Ben today. He told me police found Ezekiel's body and asked him about it. He asked me about it. I told him we didn't know." I told her.
"Well...okay then." She said nonchalantly and scratched her neck. I took a part of my waffle, dipped it in syrup, and bit into it. "I did like you." Cassie told me. I looked at her. "What?"
"I did like you. But... but i see how things are. You are Julia are together. And I'm not gonna try to change that." Cassie said. "She's a pretty lady."
"Thanks, Cassie." I told her, brushing by her saying she liked me. "It's okay."
Julia walked in the diner. She came and took a seat next to me and kissed my cheek. "Morning, Julia." I said with a smile.
"Morning, Y/n. Morning Cassie. Any troubles?" She asked.
"Aside from my friend Ben asking if we knew about Ezekiel's death, no. We're all good." I told Julia.
"Thankfully. Cassie, hows your eye?" Julia asked.
"My eye is fine. All he did was give me a black eye. It's not gonna partially blind me." She told us.
"You see any visions of Ezekiel or the police or...anything?" I asked her.
"Nope. No visions. That either means my power is gone now we killed Ezekiel, or we're just done for now and can relax for a bit." Cassie told us. "Do those cameras work?"
"Nope, those things are plastic displays. That area back there behind the counter door leads to a fridge, a freezer, some ingredients, a sink, and an employee exit. No camera system." I told them. They both laughed and Julia took a bite of her waffle.

And now's the end of my Madame Web story. I hope you guys thought this was better than the movie.