Hit

My apartment was a block away from the diner. It was a small building, but it was livable. It was 5PM and I clocked out. Since my home was pretty close, i walked instead of drove. I started to cross the street, but I heard the sound of tires screeching. Then i felt the impact.

Cassandra's POV...
There was a call. "We got a hit and run. Can you send someone over?" I was asked.
"I'm in the area." I responded. "I'll go get them." I drove to where it was located and saw that guy from the diner, Y/n, was on the street with a crowd of people surrounding him. I felt my pupils dilate and I saw...a vision. Of him. He was rising up from the ground. Then the vision was over. I jumped out of my ambulance and ran through the crowd. "Everyone, back off, i got this under control!" I said. They all stood away. The man checking his pulse stepped away as I went down. I started trying to resuscitate him with CPR. I gave him chest compressions for about 97 seconds. He started to breathe again and he pushed himself up. "Holy shit, what happened?!" He exclaimed.
"You...got in an accident. That guy hit you." I pointed to a man in red with blue jeans on. "Then he made sure you were alright by checking your pulse."
"Did you save my life?" Y/n asked. I nodded. He rose up and hugged me. I hugged him back and pulled away. "Can you stand?" I asked. I grabbed his hand and helped him to his feet. He walked around for a few seconds. He didn't fall, but he had a minor limp. He was able to walk it off. "My side hurts a little." Y/n told me.
"Okay, we can take you to the hospital-"
"No. I won't be able to pay for the ride or the medical expenses." He said.
"Okay. Then follow me to the back of the ambulance, I'll just do a checkup on you." I told him. While we walked to the ambulance, I was curious what happened. How did I see the future? How did I see him live? I mean, I'm glad he's alive, but... how?

Y/n's POV...
I went to the back of the ambulance. "Just lay down, i got you." Cassandra said. I laid down. She pulled up my shirt. "Nothing bad, no scratches. You're bruised though." She said. She started pressing on the bruise. I winced from the pain. "So it seems like you're fine, but your side is bruised." She pulled my shirt back down.
"Thanks." I said. "Do i owe you anything or no?"
"No. We didn't head to the hospital and you didn't get a ride. You have no charges." She said.
"Thank you." I told her. I went to the ambulance doors, but i stopped. "Hey, do you think you could drive me to my apartment?" I asked her.
"How far is it?"
"Not far." I said. She went up front and started the engine.

Cassandra drove me to the apartment. "Thanks, Cassie." I said to her. "Still no charge?"
"No charge, no problem. Have a good evening, Y/n." She said.
"I won't get myself hurt again." I said as I got out the ambulance. She drove off.