Forty Eight

Hora undid the prison two days after the battle of the Silk District

Despite their imprisonment, they still looked pristine and Freya now knew she was no longer in charge. Drasel looked up and noticed the two new constellations above the peak. It took the spirit a while to look at them again.

'Is he dead?' Drasel demanded.

'As a corpse,' Freya responded, not giving Drasel the joy of toying with anyone.

'You may have my power but that does not permit disrespect,' The Spirit warned and before she could respond, her father did.

'Watch your tone,' were his words.

Drasel looked at him, 'Or what?'

'Or he will beat you up,' Nix mocked and Drasel snapped at him. 'Stand down. Fatos' throne is empty. Sulas had his heir.'

Drasel did not look pleased as he faced them and Freya smiled at him with a lot of pity.

'Zuris, Son of Sulas,' Drasel did not look away from her as Zuris stepped forward. 'Your mother and father wanted you to take their place in the event of their deaths,' Drasel looked at him. 'I thought this impossible but here we are. You are now king of Fatos and Midres shall name you god of Protection, Wisdom, Wealth and Strength. Your consort shall be the goddess of Love, Joy, Healing, Fertility and Marriage. You answer to me. Now, get out.'

Drasel waited for no applause or protest as he took to the skies still fuming.

Nix clicked his tongue, 'A stubborn goat that one.'

The gods of Drasel's order willed themselves to disappear but not Cora or Samael. The gods who remained were of Nix and Helias.

'You are to leave, Warden,' Nix reminded Samael.

'I have a request to make,' Samael informed the spirit before he looked at her father. 'I would like to deflect to your order.'

'Drasel will not like that,' Nix pointed out but
Samael stood his ground and Helias accepted his request. Samael's eyes of gold became silver.

'And you?' Nix looked at Cora this time.

'No one told me you had an order until I met Daisies and Rercius,' Cora responded. 'Can I join you?'

'You flatter me,' Nix said with his must serious face. 'Drasel will throw a tantrum and cry but he will be fine. I will be pleased to have you goddess of fire.'

Freya looked at Cora's eyes and they were red, swirling.

It was then that her children trampled him with enough force to throw him to the ground.

'How long were we gone?' Nix demanded from the ground but got no answer.

'Molu and Oraphim worked with him,' Helias said seeking confirmation.

'Yes they did,' Freya answered before she added. 'I don't think I want this responsibility.'

'Which one?' Her father asked.

Freya looked at the pink grass. 'Queen of Orcus.'

Her father walked to her and held her chin, making her look at him. 'Are you sure?'

'Plotas is much better at being in charge,' Freya told her father and he looked at the god of dreams.

'Orcus was supposed to be a place of penance, these gods were supposed to ensure that souls have moved on before they are allowed onto Gloriam.'

'That will be the order,' Samael said and her father looked at her.

'Be happy, My Love,' Helias whispered and dismissed the other gods before he went to untangle her children from Nix.

'Come and visit sometimes,' Cora said getting her attention. 'Don't let them coop you up here.'

Freya smiled at her sister and hugged her.

The gods of Orcus and Cora left while Daisies and Rercius side stepped Nix and Helias and walked into Nix's garden beyond.

'Should we help them?' Reid asked as Ainara tackled her grandsire to the grass as retribution for abandoning her.

'No,' Grey answered before Freya got a word out. 'Can we see your father's part of the Peak?'

Freya gave her family a concerned look before turning to her husbands. 'Come on,' she said and followed the call of his aura until the pink and red faded to white and then blue. The sky, the trees, the flowers. Blue and silver were the reoccurring theme as they approached a building that was designed like a manor. It had a drawing room, an art room and an archive on the ground floor and four rooms on the first and highest floor.

One door clearly had Helias' name engraved on it. Another had Ainara's name and the other had Wallace's.

Then, they got to hers. It was decorated with books and plush arm chairs and a large bed that she might never need.

Reid took in the room while Grey conjured a parchment and pen out of nothing. He left a note before shutting the door and crossing the room to where she and Reid had wandered to. She only saw the note after the endless intercourse that they engaged in.

It was short and it was direct.

Dearest Father, Son and Daughter,

Find somewhere else to be.

Love,
Freya.