Thirty

Samael felt his power return to him like a strong wind in a thunderstorm

Samael felt his power return to him like a strong wind in a thunderstorm. He heard screams and thrashing. He heard everything and for the first time, it was overwhelming. For the first time in a long time, he let a human see his wings. Several humans.

He knelt before his wife's lifeless body and her father. He examined the knife in her body. The multiple stab wounds at her midriff. The blade had been struck once but by some sorcery, it replicated its damage.

'Zebel,' The Warden let out. 'Find him and kill him.'

Samael was going to do that anyway but he acknowledged the Warden's order all the same. He stood at his full height and crossed the room to Callahan who still knelt beside what should have been his wife's corpse.

He did not speak to the grieving king but rather to Zack who clenched the hilt of his sword with terrifying anger.

'Zack,' Samael said and the Knight looked at him. 'Take the King to Saath whether the Xathania's decide to sail with you or not is up to them but take him to his family.'

'Are they there?' Zack asked in a gruff tone.

He had lost two of his friends.

'I will know once I return home but his sister is there. So, take him and go,' Samael ordered.

'And the army for the war?'

'We will wage it when it is time.'

The Knight gave him a curt nod not questioning all he had said. Not bothering that Samael was giving him the order rather than carrying it out himself. Samael willed himself to fly once he was on the balcony of the room and he did. Soaring high in those powerful wings, letting go of his mortal and embracing what he was.

Samael did not fly to Fatos or Gloriam to search for his wife's soul, because he knew she wasn't there. He couldn't feel her fire. He couldn't sense her aura. That was how he knew that she was not in their world. The rotten bastard that presided over Orcus stole her the second he killed her and Samael was going to rip him apart for it.

 The rotten bastard that presided over Orcus stole her the second he killed her and Samael was going to rip him apart for it

'He's killed her,' The goddess of Pride informed the goddess from Fatos. 'He has her locked with your brother-in-law.'

'That brute,' The goddess of Mischief said looking upon the lands of Orcus.

When she was human, she always believed that the underworld would be a place of turmoil and distraught. However, Orcus was a beautiful land of silver. Crafted with sapphire and adorned by blue leaves and flowers. The skies above were light blue but its sun which shone eternally was a dark blue.

Incorruptible. Peaceful. Like Helias was. Helias had never been evil and she learnt that the minute they met before Drasel arrived.

She had not felt the need to accept their offers but she did anyway.

Now here she was, the only goddess who could use her power on Fatos, Midres and Orcus. The most dangerous goddess like Sulas once declared.

'They need to know,' the goddess of mischief said.

'They should have known the second you suspected that your brother in law was down here,' the goddess of pride snapped. 'He most likely has four gods and the core of the Phoenix down there but all you have done is plot without action.'

'We have no proof. None. If I am to go to Sulas with this, I am to go with proof of some sort. Something to back this claim,' the goddess of mischief let out.

There was silence between them. The goddess of pride exhaled and looked at the blue grass.

'He made me do it,' she confessed. 'He made me kill Plotas' bride.'

'He can't make you do anything.'

'Yet, you are at Sulas' beck and call.'

The goddess of mischief caused herself to leave Orcus in a mist and appear back in Fatos. She wouldn't go to Sulas without proof and the only way to do that was to go into the pit.

Without warning Teria or Acai, the goddess of mischief left for the the pit knowing fully well that only Zebel could use his power there. No god or spirit could undo the bindings that the rotten being had knotted in his kingdom below Orcus.

The goddess sought to find them and bring them to a place where they could use their power again. Even if it meant her meeting her end.