Eleven

PART II: THE PRINCESS AND THE GODS

The King of Orcus inspected the armies before him

The King of Orcus inspected the armies before him. He knew he was ready for the war he had planned for years. He had felled the country of the Phoenix and wiped out its royal family. The only threat that stood between him and Fatos.

The world of man would be his in one battle or two if the gods cared. If they dared to look. They had not intervened in the falling of the country of the Phoenix. His war would be a surprise to them as well.

One of them now walked beside him, certain that Sulas was too occupied by his wife to even notice the stirring in Orcus. The Guardian was too busy chasing a human bride to notice it either.

Their incompetence would be their downfall. It would be Fatos's down fall and then he would rule over all like he was born to do.

The temple of Lona was adorned by trees with pink leaves and pink flowers in its shrubs

The temple of Lona was adorned by trees with pink leaves and pink flowers in its shrubs. The pathway to it was a welcome in its own way. Cora took in every bit of it. Completely aware of her husband-to-be behind her. She had woken up to a dress that she hadn't seen before.

He was no where in sight and when he returned. He was in something other than warrior leathers. He had barely said anything asides a greeting and asking about her night. He had picked up their things again and they had bought a horse, a dark stallion, before they set off on their ride.

Samael wore a dark green jacket over fitted pants. His temporary red hair had been tamed while she wore a green long-sleeved dress, the shade of mint. She had done nothing to her hair. A sentry took their horse and belongings when the arrived at the steps to the temple proper while they walked into the temple.

'Are you sure about this?' He asked as they approached the alter.

'If I say no, will we will continue to Xir like nothing happened?' She asked in return.

'Yes, we will.'

She waved him off and continued to the alter.

The temple was empty but again it was well past sunset and the skies gave way to the stars. She wished they had rested and bathe first before this. Their wait was short as a woman in her prime stepped out of what she believed to be a chamber behind the alter wall.