Chapter 17

One Month Later

"Are you ready to walk down the aisle?" Savannah asked Alisha as she stared at the blushing bride one more time.

"Of course I am," Alisha smiled. They hugged for a long time cherishing the moment. 

"I can't wait for you to be the next bride," Alisha stated. 

Savannah smiled and tried not to dwell on Alisha's words. Would she be ready to walk down the aisle too?

So much had happened and she was happy to have Matthew by her side. She could not picture life without him. God had helped her break free of her past and she eagerly wanted to embrace her future. 

Still in her thoughts, she walked down the aisle as Alisha's maid of honor.

The entire time Matthew could not keep his eyes off her. She looked stunning. Perhaps, he was biased but he saw only her in that moment. 

Savannah met his eyes and simply smiled back. Matthew's hands went to his pocket and he held a velvet box in his hand..

He was more than ready to ask Savannah to marry him. 

After the wedding, they took a stroll on the beach and enjoyed each other's company. Savannah felt intuitively that Matthew was up to something. The way he whisked her away after the wedding, and the need to have her undivided attention made her suspicious. 

"Matthew Newman, what are you up to?" Savannah asked when he brought her onboard a private yacht for dinner.

"I just want to spend time with the love of my life," he teased trying not to draw any attention to the truth.

Savannah seemed to buy it for now, so they ate together and reflected upon the details of Alisha's lovely wedding on board the yacht. They stood together admiring the night sky when fireworks took Savannah's attention briefly.

Suddenly, Matthew blew Savannah away with a strange statement.

"And what about you Savannah? Are you ready to plan your wedding?" He asked getting down on his knees as she stood preoccupied watching the fireworks which was a diversion to take her attention and to catch her off guard with a surprise proposal. 

Savannah spun around and said, "What do you mean?" She held her mouth realizing what was happening. Matthew stood on bended knees with a beautiful velvet box. Omg, Savannah thought. 

"Savannah, I love you with all my heart. We have gone through so much together and I am happy to be here in this moment with you. Your smile, your love, your determination, and your perseverance to get things done have made me fall in love with you over and over again. God has blessed me with you.  Together let's share in our faith and love of God and grow old togther for the rest of our lives. Savannah O'Brien, will you make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?

Savannah started to cry tears of Joy. She nodded her head in agreement and finally said "Yes, a thousand times yes."

Mathew slipped the ring on her finger. "And  are you ready to plan that wedding," he teased pulling her into a hug. Savannah laughed savoring in the moment and anticipating becoming Mrs. Savannah Newman.