Chapter 16

Luke 6: 27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

Luke 6: 37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven

 Proverbs10: 12 Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins

Matthew wanted Savannah to be open-minded.  Things went well with Mary.  However, he had no idea how John Stuart would react. He did the most damage to Savannah and Matthew prayed he was remorseful like Mary.

Before they went inside Matthew pulled her in a hug."Savannah, this is your past and it does not define your future. The mere fact that you can do this is a testament to how forgiving you are. Don't lose sight of that despite what happens here. John Stuart did not destroy you. I love the woman standing in front of me. Nothing that is said about you will ever change how I feel when I look into your eyes" he explained.

"Thank you for your support and confidence in me. I could not do this without you," she squeezed his hand. 

After requesting to see John Stuart, the nurse informed them he was blind and rarely had visitors. Savannah was shocked by this fact and pondered how his life must have changed drastically in the last few years.

She started to get nervous and Matthew picked up on it immediately. "Baby, it's okay if you don't want to do this," he said wanting to say the right words in this fragile situation.

"I know but I need to do it for complete closure," Savannah said quietly.

When they entered the room, Savannah leaned against the wall trying not to go into a panic attack upon seeing him. She saw herself as a child in that moment and it broke her momentarily. 

"Whose there?" John Stuart demanded sensing persons in the room who refused to identify themselves. 

Savannah was frozen trying to find the words to say. She never imagined ever seeing this man again. 

Matthew wanted to give her time to gather her thoughts. he too did not want to hurt or hate this man for what he had done to Savannah.

"It's me, Matthew Newman," he announced looking at Savannah who still was not ready to talk yet. Savannah was trying to breathe in the moment.

"Do I know you?" John muttered in his senile voice. 

"No, but you know the woman I love. You hurt someone dear to me and destroyed her childhood. But she is stronger now and you did not break her. She has become an amazing woman whom I am honored to be around. Her future is bright because God is ordering her steps. She will have all that she deserves and more. Do you recall the wrong that you did to her?" Matthew said still more concerned about Savannah and wanting her to give him the okay to call her name.

"Young man, I don't know what the hell you are talking about. I think you better leave because I don't have any idea of what you are accusing me of," John Stuart said defensively. 

"Savannah O'Brien. Does that ring a bell? You will never hurt her again," Matthew stated firmly realizing he was angry with this man as well. He could not even imagine what Savannah was feeling. 

"I forgive you and pray that you have asked God to forgive you," Matthew said repenting in his heart for the anger and torture that he was experiencing standing here in this moment. 

"Get out of my room," John Stuart shouted aggressively not wanting to hear the truth. "Nurse," John yelled at the top of his lungs.

"No, you are going to hear me out," Savannah intervened shocking John who had no idea she was in the room. For a split second Savannah wondered how a blind man could see a ghost.