I lOvE rAin

It was around 8:30 in the evening, everyone stepped out of the restaurant. Sham was making a call outside,

Vaibhav asked, "What's up? Who are you calling?"

"Yeah?...

I'm calling my roommate. He must be coming back from class now. He'll pick me up," Sham replied.

I was on the bus when it started raining. I didn't have any other option; otherwise, I don't like traveling by bus while it's raining, Eww... I just don't like it.

Sham's expression clearly showed that he wasn't in the mood to go by bus anymore.

"Rain and the suffocation of the bus, the worst combination according to me," Sham said.

He tried calling again, but there was no response like before.

"What the f... Forget it. Okay guys, see you later,"

Sham said, as he started walking towards the bus stand. That's when Reyan spoke up.

"You can come with me; I'll drop you," Reyan offered.

"Are you sure?" Sham asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure," Reyan replied.

"Okay, I also don't have any problem coming with you," Sham said, as he got on Reyan's scooter. Sham and Reyan said their goodbyes to Avez and others, and started their journey.

A little ahead, Sham said, "If you want, you can drop me at the next stop; I'll catch the bus from there. Those guys must have left anyway."

"I told you I'll drop you at your hostel, so I will! What do you mean they must have left? I don't care about all people; I don't think so much! I just wanted to help you," Reyan said.

"Oh, thanks. By the way, when did you stop caring about people?

Because from what I see, you care about the people you have nothing to do with!

not those who don't have anything to do with you... You care about how they'd react, how they'd feel, and in this process, you've messed up your life and the lives of those who care about you," Sham's voice grew serious.

"Can we talk about something else?" Reyan asked.

"Do you think we can talk about anything else without finishing this? How can I talk about something else when I look at you?

Right now... I only have one thought,"

They continued arguing until they reached a red light. Traffic inspectors were standing there. Suddenly, Reyan remembered that Sham didn't have a helmet.

Avoiding the inspectors' gaze, he took another route where there were beautiful trees by the roadsides and cool breeze and rain; "wow... Sham lifted both his hands in the air, "Wow... How romantic,"

he said to Reyan, but Reyan replied, "You said you don't like rain or suffocation or something like that..."

"No, it's the suffocation in buses. I love rain, bike rides, cool breeze... Wow, don't you think it's romantic?" Sham said.

"Just hmm..." Reyan replied.

"What hmm!

Yeah, it is! It's nice, romantic, and all that you said," Reyan said, getting bored with Sham's words.

Although Reyan was feeling the romantic weather too, after all, it was on this empty road with cool breeze and raindrops, and with the person whom Reyan just used to see from a distance,

But now, he was sitting next to him. But right now, according to him, avoiding all these things was better. After a while, Sham leaned against Reyan's back,

"Are you asleep? Do you want to fall, or do you want me to fall?" Reyan asked

"No, I'm not asleep. You drive your scooter. Stop in front of the bakery store after the stand, I'll walk from there," Sham said.

The scooter stopped outside Sham's hostel.

"I didn't need to tell you address, ok thanks for bringing me home and Good Night,

By the way, you must know my room just like you know the hostel,"

Sham teased Reyan, but Reyan pretended as if he hadn't heard.

"By the way, if you ever want to come, you can.. You're always welcome,"

Sham said, walking towards the hostel,

"but I don't want to," Reyan said as he turned the scooter towards his home.

The next morning, Reyan's scooter was parked in the college parking lot, with two helmets placed on it...