59. Temple

Chaitra

That evening Abhi and Rakshit planned a party for all of us and we enjoyed it thoroughly. The days passed quickly and we all completed our internship in Daksh's firm. Daksh did fire that woman and I never saw her in the office after that. When she picked up on me deliberately, I thought of going to HR and handling it professionally but when I heard her talk about seducing Daksh, all my sanity went down the drain and I did what I felt like.

Coming back to the present, I am having my preparation holidays as my final exams will be starting in a week. My wedding is in a month and the ladies are literally lifting the whole home on their heads. Mumma, Atha, and Maami were on a shopping spree for the last 15 days and according to them, they didn't even purchase half of what was required.

"Chaithu, did you take out the jewelry you are going to wear tomorrow?" I heard Vadina asking and lifted my eyes from my mobile. I gave her a smile which she returned and took a seat beside me.

"I am confused, Vadina. I will ask Ishika bhabi to help me later. How is my champ doing?" I informed her and asked placing my hand on her 6 month belly. Vadina's belly has grown round and according to her gynac, she and the baby are perfectly healthy.

"He's doing perfectly well," Vadina caressed my face as she spoke. I place a kiss on her swollen belly as she kisses my forehead with affection. Mumma and others banned vadina from doing any wedding-related errands and allocated me to make sure she stayed away from the work.

"When is Daksh's family going to start the ceremony?" Vadina inquired and my phone started to ring on cue. It was Daksh. That man was sulking like anything when I informed him about my trip home for our Pasupu danchadam ceremony. 

"Go on, talk to your to-be-husband," Vadina teased and I literally ran from there with my cheeks flushed. I locked the door once I was inside my room and picked up his call.

"I am missing you," I heard him complain and that made my lips tug upward in a smile. I can imagine him pouting cutely like a baby. 

"Yaar biwi, you made me habituated to see you daily and now left for your home leaving me alone to sulk," He continued and a chuckle left my mouth as I heard the great business tycoon complain like an adorable kid.

"I will come back soon," I assured and heard him sigh in reply. There was complete silence for a few minutes and he finally broke it by saying,

"Switch to video call. I want to see you," I replied with an okay and switched to video call after plugging my pods. He accepted it instantly. 

He was sitting on his bed, his back touching the headboard. His black t-shirt hugged his body tightly giving away his body structure. His freshly showered face is glowing. His disheveled hair, those captivating orbs, those long lashes, his perfect jawline, that sharp nose, those lips, his muscles peaking out of his half-sleeved tee, why is this man so handsome?

Am I complaining? Nope, never!

"Jaan!" His voice broke my ogling my-fiance session and I smiled nervously. He chuckled shaking his head while my cheeks flushed crimson.

"Did you have your dinner?" I ask and he nods in affirmation. 

"What about you?" He asked and I replied with a small yes as I remembered my not-so-favorite spinach that my mother fed me forcefully saying leafy vegetables are good for health.

"Why are you making that face? Did mumma feed you something you don't like?" He smiled as he asked the question and I nodded huffing.

"Vadina was asking about the time when your family is going to start the ritual. We have to start it after you finish so..." I trailed off.