9.Colorful Prank!

Chaitra

I talked to Seema's mom about our plan and she agreed after some time. I didn't want to lie to her and honestly, there is no need to.

One of the groom's cousins spoke to his mom and she too agreed after all of us pleaded with her. We took them both out without revealing our plan and gave our surprise. They were elated. We came back giving them some privacy.

"Chaitra beta can you all make rangoli?" Seema's mom asked us as soon as we entered the home.

"Okay, Aunty we will do it after changing!" I agreed with a smile.

"Wear something traditional beta! Groom's grand maa is coming!" She said smiling and left us.

"Why she is coming di?" Aakansha asked mirroring my exact feelings. She still thinks girls' family should please the grooms' and fulfill all their demands. She thinks even we are bound to agree to all her demands.

"Maybe to make us go insane!" Akshaya said clearly irritated with her arrival.

"We can't stop her. It's her family. Let's get changed!" I said to them with a sigh.

"Okay!" They both whined. We three are staying in Seema's room as there are many guests and few rooms.

We changed into traditional clothes as requested by Aunty.

We got to work and drew a few rangolis starting with a rangoli of Lord Ganesh and drawing a few more

"Di! It's beautiful!" Akshaya said adoring the rangoli we made.

"We did a great job!" I said looking at her.

"No di! You did a great job! I just helped." She said eyes never leaving the rangoli.

"No we both did it. But let's complete all this before they come." I said and she nodded in agreement and we both moved to our next spot.

Soon the devil grand maa entered and nodded in approval looking at our rangoli. But the one with her had determined to create problems for us.

"Dadi see there are only a few colors in Rangoli! They don't have colors or what?" He asked dramatically trying to rail up the angry woman.