41. Never!

Chaitra

It was lunchtime and Mumma called me asking me and Daksh to meet one of her designer friends to get our engagement outfits. I sent him a hi and his reply came immediately. Before I could type something else Seema snatched my mobile and asked me to say all those things to him. I guess he found out it was not like me and called. It was not like I didn't want to talk like that or I couldn't but I simply didn't want to do so in front of my friends. I asked him when we could go to give the required measurements and he said he would be free on the weekend or any day this week and I agreed. Then we bid bye and I gave an earful to my friends but they as usual ignored me and pulled me to class with them.

The weekend came sooner. I got ready and sat in my room waiting for Daksh. He asked me to stay in my room and come out when he called. I kept staring at my mobile for some good half an hour before it took pity on me and his name flashed. 

"I am waiting downstairs." His message came and I literally sprinted down shouting bye to Seema.

I went down and stopped in my tracks seeing him. I kept looking at him with my eyes and mouth wide open. I didn't imagine this in my wildest dreams. The great Daksh Singh Chauhan was standing at my hostel gate wearing a T-shirt and jeans. The most shocking thing is his vehicle. He came on a freaking bike! He rides bikes too? I kept gawking at him and his bike but a few compliments fell to my ears breaking my trance.

"He's such a hottie!" A girl said fanning her face dramatically looking at... Daksh? What the hell!

"I bet he has a freaking 8 pack under that T-shirt!" Another one exclaimed. Why are they gawking at him shamelessly?

"Should I go try my chance?" The first one asked dreamily and I glared at them before running to him. He smiled at me and was about to turn to his bike but I held his arm, turned him around, and engulfed him in a tight hug. He was taken aback but wound his hands around my waist nevertheless. I looked back at those girls with a warning glare to stay away from my man and they walked away disappointed.

"Oh! Now I understood." I heard his voice from behind. He was leaning on my shoulder and whispered in my ear with a small smirk on his face.

"Wh..what?" I stuttered badly. This man is making it hard for me to breathe. I tried to step away but he pulled me back to him by my waist. 

"That you are jealous!" He chuckled pulling my already red cheeks. Was it because I blushed or was I embarrassed?

"I was not!" I tried to argue but both of us knew that it was a lie. He just nodded chuckling and made me wear my helmet.

"I am all yours, jaan! No need to get jealous." He said once he fixed my helmet and started the bike after wearing his helmet. He gestured for me to hop on with his eyes and I did so. He started riding through the busy roads with me holding him by his shoulders.

"Why did you bring a bike today? I was expecting the same convoy of cars with all the security!" I exclaimed and he glanced at me from the rear-view mirror. I followed his gaze and looked at myself in the mirror. My silky hair flowed due to the air, my long jumkas kissed my cheeks with every blow of air, a stroke of eye-liner added more beauty to my long lashes and a natural blush that formed every time I came close to him adorned my cheeks while the light pink lipgloss made my lips shine. A bindi laid between my brows and a pinch of kumkum laid just below it adding more beauty to my eyes.  I know jeans and kumkum sound odd but I don't care, I don't want to rub a blessing just because it doesn't go well with my outfit. I look beautiful. I know I am beautiful. Everyone is and I don't mind if people call me self-obsessed but I know I am beautiful. I don't know about other aspects but in looks, I am a perfect match to Daksh. I don't feel even a bit inferior to him in looks.