25. Not her brother!

Chaitra

I woke up and got ready to go out with Daksh as decided. I was setting my hair when my maa sa walked in. 

"What are you still doing here? Daksh is waiting for you!" She yelled making me want to roll my eyes but I controlled. 

"Oh!" I said and got a smack on my head from her.

"Be quick!" She said and we both walked out after we were done.

"Hey!" Daksh wished me with a smile and I muttered a hello.

"Enjoy!" Vadina said winking at us.

"Not too much!" said my three over-protective brothers in a warning tone. I smiled at them while vadina and Atha smacked Akash annayya and Hithens' heads respectively. Dev bhai is saved as mami is not here.

"Bye, guys!" I said and walked out along with Daksh. He took me to a restaurant for breakfast. He parked the car and forwarded his hand to me which I gladly took. We walked in and placed our orders.

"So, what did you want to ask?" I asked after the waiter left.

"What does Bava mean?" He breathed out. I was confused at first but a smile formed on my lips when I remembered how I introduced him as my Bava to my friends. I started laughing and he gave me a boring look.

"Why do you want to know?" I asked controlling my laugh.

"Chaitra!"He groaned. 

"Just tell me why," I asked again biting my lower lip to control myself from busting out.

"Well, someone said to me that it means sisters' husband." He said irritated.

"Oh! Well, it has different meanings. It means sisters' husband and also aunts' son." I replied taking a sip of my juice.

"What?" He yelled making me choke on my juice. I noticed a few people throwing weird glances toward us.

"Why are you yelling?" I whisper-yelled at him.

"Why am I yelling? You introduced me as your sisters' husband/ brother and you want me to celebrate instead of yelling?" He deadpanned. I so want to pull his cheeks now. But let us play a little.

"You asked me to introduce you as a relative if I want to!" I shrugged. His jaw touched the ground at my reply but he soon composed himself.

"I didn't mean to introduce me as your brother/brother-in-law when I said relative!" He whisper-yelled back. I started laughing like a maniac but stilled when he placed his hand on mine and pulled me closer across the table.

"Okay! Let me explain." I said sitting back in my place. He folded his hands on the table waiting for my explanation.

"Chaitra!" we heard someone calling my name and soon the aunt form yesterday walked toward us. I saw my friend and her family sitting at the other table. Meena waved at me and I waved back. 

"Chaitra! Good thing you are here. Come let us meet Arun!" She said taking my hand. I looked at Daksh who is looking at us with confusion written all over his face.

"Who is Arun?" I asked trying to take back my hand. Keyword being tried. Because she didn't leave my hand.

"The boy I said yesterday. You both will make a great pair. Let's go!" She tried to drag me but Daksh held my other hand stopping her from dragging me away like some suitcase.

"She is not coming anywhere!" He declared. I can see his jaw clenched and his eyes getting darker. He is going to blast any second.

"Chiatra, is he your brother your mom talks about? " She asked and Daksh looked more scary after hearing brother than he before was.

"I am not her brother!" He said gritting his teeth. 

"Then who are you?" Aunt asked giving him a pointed look. 

"I am..." He trailed off. But why? Is it because I said him about my friends teasing me if they come to know about us? I looked into his eyes and I know I can't do it anymore. I should not make him feel like I don't like to be called his.

I freed my hand from his grip and his eyes marred in pain but it went away quickly when I held his hand. I smiled at him before turning to Aunt.

"He is my fiance Mr. Daksh Singh Chauhaan and I can make a perfect pair only with him, no one else," I  said and that aunt left my hand. I looked at Daksh and he looked taken aback by my confession.

"I was afraid of getting teased but I never felt like hiding our relationship Mr. Chauhan! I feel proud to be your fiancee." I said and he pulled me into a tight hug. We stayed like that for a while and walked out after he paid the bill.

"In southern states, we are allowed to marry our buas' son. That's why I introduced you as my bava. It is a romantic relationship not like brother and sister." I explained once we settled in the car. I don't want to tease him more. 

He kissed my forehead and nodded. We went to his office as he had some work. His entire demeanor changed once we stepped into the office. His cheerful, funny, and soft side is long gone. Now, he is looking like a king of coldness. 

I was bought out of my thoughts when I heard the elevator sound. We stepped in and reached the top floor. 

"We will leave in an hour." He said to me in a sweet voice that he always uses for me. I nodded smiling.

"Good Morning Mr. Chauhan!" A man in his 30s' wished him and he just nodded in reply.

"Sorry sir! But this meeting is very important and you will be leaving for Jaipur in 2 days. So, we planned to complete it today." The man explained and he again nodded. The man walked out first and he came to me.

"I'll be back soon. You can look around if you want." He said placing a kiss on my forehead and walking out wearing his blazer. I started looking around his office and it looked really sophisticated and authoritative just like him.

I got bored after some 10 minutes and started playing games on my mobile. He came back after 2 hours and sat beside me. I closed my game and looked at him. Frowns formed on his forehead and I set his hair that fell on his forehead without my knowledge. He smiled a little which I returned. 

"Are you going back?" I asked and I found myself becoming sad for the reason I don't know. Maybe I don't want him to leave.

"Hmm." was his reply. I did something which shocked me even. I wrapped my hands around his neck. He was shocked to react at first but pulled me closer after a few seconds.

"I will miss you," I said with my voice coming out as a mere whisper. He pulled me closer in reply.

"I will miss you more jaan!" He replied. 'Jaan' that one word made me feel thousands of things.