14. It's a Yes!

Daksh

I took Chaitra home. 

She got a message. 

"You can freshen up in the guest room. Annayya left some clothes for you there!" She informed me pointing to a room after reading the message. 

I nodded in response and went to the room.

I freshened up and came out. I just sat on the bed resting my head on the headrest and my eyes shut down without my knowledge. 

I woke up when someone shooked me a little.

"Have something first. Then you can have a nap." Chaitra spoke as soon as I opened my eyes. She is wearing a jean paired with a T-shirt. It's a little bigger than her size. I know the concept of the oversized tee! 

"Don't we need to go to the hospital?" I asked getting up from bed

"Don't we need to go to the hospital?" I asked getting up from bed. I know she wants to be there. She was even reluctant to leave but she just came home not to give much tension to her family. 

"We will go in the afternoon. Maa sa asked us to rest for some time and come back in the afternoon with food, by the way, Nanamma is fine. Akash Anna called a while ago. " she replied. She is not her usual happy self. The glitter in her eyes is no longer seen. She looks pale. But she is relaxed a little.

"Where is Aunty, uncle?" I asked. I haven't seen them from the time we entered the home.

"They left for the hospital a while ago. They didn't want to disturb your sleep," she replied.

We went to the dining table and took our seats. She is sitting opposite me.

Help came and placed dishes on the table.

"I will do it Lakshmi aunty. " Chaitra said when the help was about to serve food to us.

She gave a smile and walked away. But that smile doesn't have the spark that always ignites my heart. It's just a mere plain smile of courtesy. 

Chaitra served breakfast to both of us. 

"Don't worry it will be tasty!" She commented observing me not touching food. She is trying to act happy but I know she is anything but happy. 

"I was just thinking!" I replied with a small smile before taking a morsel of food.

"About?" She asked with concern in her voice. She is concerned about my worries despite being in such a situation. This girl is a real gem. My precious gem. 

"About some business stuff. That's not important now!" I answered. I have to attend a meeting in the afternoon but I can't leave Chaitra in this state. She is feeling low. She is my priority now. 

"You can go back if you have some important business." She replied with a smile.

"No. I want to stay." I replied immediately. I really want to be with her right now. If I can't solve her problems I can at least be a shoulder she can lean on.