007. ❛𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈 𝐝𝐨, ❜

♡ ▄▄▄ CHAPTER SEVEN !  ᥫ᭡⋆˙⟡❛MAYBE I DO, ❜

ᥫ᭡⋆˙⟡
❛MAYBE I DO, ❜

⋆·˚ ༘ * . . . *real life, shorter chapter*

||Matt's POV||

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
˚ · • . ° .

"𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋 me what's wrong with you, please?" She spoke up, breaking the awkward silence we sat in as long as I drove.

"Nothing, nothing is wrong." I looked at her for a few seconds, then returned my attention back to the road.

Earlier, we stood in the parking lot, holding each other as I told her everything, and she opened up about her past, as well.

I almost told her what I was thinking the whole time I was with her. All day everyday, it would find it's way to my brain, and itch at the back of my throat waiting to be released.

I think I love you. I almost said it, and as I stopped my words, my eyes widened and my cheeks turned pink. I pulled away from her, hiding the embarrassment as I told her to text Wendy that we were leaving.

I climbed into the car, adjusted in my seat, and started the car as she got in, still wearing a look of pure confusion on her face.

One second, I was all over her, then the next I was cold and distant. I hadn't meant to, but it was my body reacting, and not me. I felt like shit, because I knew I pushed her away, but I couldn't tell her what I was going to say, and I couldn't lie to her either, so I kept quiet.

She turned her phone off, dropped it in her lap, and rested her head on the window staring off into the abyss a few minuets before she cleared her throat and looked over at me, who was still fidgeting with the steering wheel under my fingers.

"What's wrong with you? You're acting different, and your whole demeanor changed within minuets." She stated, looking at me intently, studying my body language.

"Melanie, I told you I'm fine." That came out more aggressive than I intended.

Her eyes squinted, then she rolled them, sitting back in her seat and looking out the window again. "I'm not hungry, anymore." She said flatly, folding her arms over her chest.

"Well, I am." I said back.

"When we pick up the food, I want to go home." She said, cracking my heart into little pieces, causing my eyes to sadden.