004. ❛𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲, ❜

♡ ▄▄▄ CHAPTER FOUR !  ᥫ᭡⋆˙⟡❛THE PARTY, ❜

ᥫ᭡⋆˙⟡
❛THE PARTY, ❜

⋆·˚ ༘ * . . . *partying, drinking, cursing, kissing*
⋆·˚ ༘ * . . . *real life*

||Lanie's POV||

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

˚ · • . ° .

𝐖𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐎 the boys' house, listening to The Weeknd, and laughing as we joked about random topics. It was around 7:30 pm, and the sun was just now setting as the stars began to appear in the sky. Wendy stared at me for a few seconds, earning a concerned glimpse from me.

"What?" I asked, the smile never leaving my lips.

"Nothing, you just look so happy. It's because of Matt, he did this to you." She said, reaching to hold my hand in hers. "He saved my best friend, and I'll forever be grateful for him, and you." She smiled, closing her eyes and leaning her head back on the head rest, revealing her neck where a familiar necklace hung.

A few months ago for her birthday, I gave her a necklace that I seen. It had reminded me of her, and all I could think of was her reaction when I gave it to her. We met in our first year of high school, almost instantly falling into a deep and unbreakable bond. She understood me, and thats all I had ever wanted in a friendship. We were, and still are, inseparable. She knew everything about me, except my past, and I was okay with that.

Her eyes stayed closed as she hummed the chorus to Hurt You, a small content sigh leaving her lips as the car came to a stop and she opened her eyes, taking note that we had arrived at a gas station, and not a house.

"What.." She asked, turning to me.

"Remember what Nick said at the beach? No snacks, no entry." I shrugged, laughing as I reached for the car door as she followed me.

"Right, I thought that was a joke." She laughed, linking her arm with mine as we walked through the empty parking lot, and into the small store.

"Uh, it was, but sometimes people make comments and disguise it as a joke." I pointed at her, lifting my eyebrows as she nodded with a questionable look.

We grabbed chips, a little bit of candy, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Rootbeer, and some Cherry Cokes. As we placed everything on the counter, a woman appeared from the back. She looked stressed and tired, ready to go home. "Will this be all?" She asked, starting to ring everything up.

"Yeah." Wendy smiled, looking around the store.

"Thanks!" I said, grabbing the bag as I payed with a 20 dollar bill waving as we left the store.