Epilogue

Jieun slowly opened her eyes as she stared at the ceiling of her room. She quickly got up and stared at her wrist. There was no scar or blood. She was still alive.

Jieun looked around her room and found a letter on her study table. She quickly opened it with trembling hands and read it.

Don't try to do anything like that again otherwise you will wake up with the scars worse than today. You have to stay alive and spread this ritual to others as well. You cannot take your own life. You are not permitted to do it.
~Park Seonghwa

Jieun felt the tears warm tears flowing down her face. She crumbled up the letter and threw it in the dustbin. She walked into her washroom and removed her clothes to look at the scars that were mentioned in the letter.

Her eyes widened as she stared at her back through the mirror. The stone that the fish gave her was embedded in her back, surrounded by purple stem like structures. Tears left her eyes as she turned away from the mirror and messily wore her clothes.

She accepted her fate as a punishment for not being able to save her friends. She accepted the situation and willingly gave herself to the service of the ruler of Insolitus - Mammon aka Park Seonghwa.

5 months later

Jieun stared at herself in the camera and fixed her clothes and posture. Putting on a fake smile, she clicked on the 'start' button to start with her youtube livestream.

"Hello Guys !! How are you all ?? Today I am here to tell you about an interesting ritual. This ritual needs to be performed at 3am. This opens up the door to a beautiful world filled with flowers known as the Insolitus. One can only enter at this world at 3am and can stay between 3am to 5am because after that the doors to the real world will close for that person forever and they will be forgotten in the real world as if they never existed in the first place."

Jieun took a pause and tried to bring more excitement in her voice.

"The people who want to go need to sit in a circle made with fresh Chrysanthemums. The lights of the house should be turned off and each person needs to hold their own candle. They need to chant a line till the candle in their hand blows. They need to wait for a few minutes before standing up and opening the door of the house which has now become the entry gate to Insolitus."

She again paused as she felt tears fill up in her eyes at the memory of Kai telling her the whole ritual with so much excitement on his face. Nevertheless she continued the livestream.

"The mantra that one needs to chant is - Oh Mammon, princeps mundi alieni...nos in mundo tuo which basically means--Oh Mammon, the ruler of the strange world...let us in your world. I will upload this whole ritual on my website so you can find it."

Jieun paused for sometime as she read the comments.

'Guys this seriously seems so fake.'

'It sounds so exciting !'

'I am going to try this and post my experience to let you know if this all is fake.'

'She seems serious. It might be true.'

Jieun read the comments but remembered something important.

"Guys I forgot to tell you something. There are some rules that you need to follow."

Jieun took a pause as she gulped down some water before continuing.

"1. Never eat or drink something given by anyone in this world.
2. There are no clocks in thid world so always carry a watch with you otherwise you will lose track of time.
3. If you see a tall man in a suit with no face, just run away. Do not stand and stare at him.
4. Never pluck flowers in this world.
5. Do not try to befriend anyone in this world even if they are extremely friendly."

Jieun rubbed her face and decided to quickly end the livestream before she bursts into tears.

"All the best...Hope you make it back home alive and well."

Jieun stopped the camera and quickly got up from her study table. She went into the bathroom and decided to take a warm shower to clear up her mind.

She slowly removed her clothes as she stared at her back through the mirror. The purple stem like structures were covering her whole back clearly indicating the amount of times that she tried to end her life.

Jieun sighed as she stepped into the shower. The warm water flowed down her body along with the tears of pain and emptiness.

She was tired of her life.

She was tired of the memory of her friends dying infront of her repeating in her mind like a broken film.

She was tired of blaming herself for everything.

She was tired of waiting for hope to be free of her unsettling thoughts.

She was tired of serving the devil.

She was tired of living in isolation.

She was tired of living this worthless life.

She was tired of preaching and popularizing this deadly ritual.

She was tired of waiting for her unfortunate life to end.

She was tired of everything and wished nothing more than death to swallow her.

•THE END•