Torment.

"Soobin"

Soobin turned his head towards the direction where Jieun's index was pointing. His eyes widened as he stared at the sight infront of him.

An unconscious Beomgyu was tied against a stretcher as the faceless man and the dwarfs stood around him. The dwarfs had an evil grin plastered on their faces sending a shiver down Soobin's spine.

"Well...Well...Well...! Look who we have here !!!"

The faceless man spoke up in a deep, hoarse voice causing Jieun to shudder at the ear piercing tone of the faceless creature.

"Leave him alone"

Jieun calmly spoke as she took a few steps towards the strapped boy. Soobin stood next to her as they both glared at the merciless creatures.

"Not so easily"

One of the dwarfs spoke up as he glared at the two humans infront of him. The other two pulled the stretcher away.

"Why are you doing this to us ?!?"

Soobin screamed in frustration as his eyes never left their unconscious friend. Soobin's throat felt dry when he heard the next few words of the faceless man.

"Watch him drown to his death with your own eyes...I promise that you won't be able to save him."

Before the creature could do anything, Jieun took a step forward and spoke up trying to distract them.

"First tell us why you are doing this !!"

Soobin furrowed his eyebrows when he found the dwarf's eyes soften a bit but it was quickly replaced by annoyance as the short man spoke up.

"Just know that someone above us wants you all"

Just as the dwarf spoke that, he put his hand on the stretcher and started pulling it towards a big lake a few meters away from their current position.

Jieun and Soobin's eyes widened as they quickly ran towards their friend but fell back at the sudden invisible force. They continued trying to come near the mysterious and deadly creatures but were thrown back until the creatures finally reached to the lake.

The dwarfs stared at them while the faceless man slowly pushed the strapped Beomgyu along with the stretcher into the deep waters. Tears filled Jieun and Soobin's eyes as they watched their friend squirm to try to free himself but in vain.

They could only stand and watch as their friend drown in the deep blue coloured waters of the beautiful place. They could not help but cry in pain and grief. Without their knowledge, someone was watching and enjoying their pained state.

Oh what a sadist...

Jieun stood up as she again tried to go near the lake. The creatures were nowhere to be seen and the girl didn't even care about them anymore. She successfully ran towards the lake followed by Soobin as both of them tried to find Beomgyu.

Jieun quickly jumped into the water followed by Soobin and they swam in the cold water in search of their friend. Both of them came to the surface and spoke up together.

"Did you find him ?"

"No"

Both of them dunked again and this time they were finally able to retrive his cold body. Soobin swam to land closely followed by Jieun as they placed the boy's ice cold body on the soft grass.

Jieun quickly came forward and started performing some chest compressions on the boy to try and bring him back to life. Tears left her eyes as she continued trying to revive him while talking with him in a quivering voice.

"Beomgyu-yah you told me that you won't ever leave me...What happened to that promise ? Come on get up"

Soobin stared at the girl with tears in his eyes. He did not try to stop her as he himself was hit hard by the sight of their friend dead infront of them.

"Beomgyu-yah please...I am sorry for always teasing you...I promise that I won't be angry on you if you tell me that this all was a prank...Wake up please !"

Jieun sobbed as she stopped trying to revive him. There was no hope of his survival. They had lost him as well. Jieun stared at the dead body of the boy infront of her.

Jieun was closest to Beomgyu even though they fought 24/7. They had a beautiful sibling like bond. He was her happy place. The only person she could find comfort in after her fights with her parents. She would run to him whenever any inconvenience happened in her life.

He was a lively soul...full of joy and life. But now, cold and pale skin was the only thing that Jieun could find in him...her happy place.

Jieun hugged his cold, wet body as she sobbed on his chest.

Beomgyu gave the best hugs....his hugs always used be the warmest and the most comforting. He was an annoyingly comforting person and the best sibling/friend anyone could ask for but now he laid on the floor no longer breathing....his warm heart no longer beating.

Jieun cried more as she saw Beomgyu's body turn into beautiful flowers.

Bellis perennis or better known as daisy

They truly did represent the boy. He was warm, cheerful, joyful and pure just like these daisies. He was the only person Jieun could rant to without the fear of being judged. He knew every little thing about her....he was truly a brother to her.

Soobin wiped his tears as he stood up to look around the area while Jieun mourned for their dead friend and collected a daisy.

The creatures had told them that someone was after their soul...Someone wanted to take their life and that someone had succeeded in killing four of their friends.

Soobin now had to protect Jieun at any cost. She was the only reason he was alive and well. She was his saviour and he owed her his whole life. He could do anything to protect her even if it meant giving up on his own life.

She was way too precious for him and he knew that too well.