Memories - Choi Yeonjun

15th May 2005

"Please no !"

6 year old Jieun cried as a group of girls pulled her hair and snatched her plushie away from her. She was being bullied again in the park that she visited to play everyday.

"Hey get away from the little girl !!"

She heard a woman's voice shout at the kids and then scolding them for their unfriendly behaviour. Jieun kept sobbing as she stared at her feet. She was scared of being scolded by the lady who supposedly saved her from the bullies.

"Hey...are you fine ?"

She heard a boy's voice and slowly looked up to stared at the 6 year old boy with a cute smile speaking to her in a soft voice. Jieun just nodded as she wiped her tears with her small hands and tried to put a smile on her face.

"Did you help me ?"

The boy nodded with a proud look on his face and spoke up.

"I called my mom to help you when I saw those girls bullying you."

"Thank you"

Jieun gave the boy a genuinely sweet smile as she pulled him in a friendly hug.

"What is your name ?"

"Choi Yeonjun....Now tell me your name !"

"I am Kwon Jieun"

"So Jieun-ah...friends ?"

"Friends !!"

Jieun excitedly claimed as they both shook their hands. 

From then onwards, both Jieun and Yeonjun became inseparable. Yeonjun was her very first friend and same goes for the boy as well. They went to the same elementary and high school. Yeonjun would protect the girl whenever she found herself surrounded by bullies. He was a brother like figure for her. Later on, Yeonjun introduced Jieun to Kang Taehyun and they easily became the inseparable trio.

8 December 2008

"What happened ? Why are you crying ?"

Yeonjun shouted in concern when he saw tears streaming down Jieun's face. The girl had come to him crying after their school day had ended.

"My grandma"

The girl stuttered in a strained voice as Yeonjun understood the situation. He pulled her in a hug and comforted her before getting her lots of food.

She had an extremely sweet bond with Yeonjun. The one who protected her from all the problems in the world. The fought like tom and jerry but made up minutes after. The most arguable topic that they fought about almost everyday was - mint chocolate.

7th June 2016

"eWwW"

Jieun stared in disgust at Yeonjun who was BITING his mint chocolate ice cream. She stared at her chocolate ice cream as she gaged at the boy's love for mint chocolate.

"Who the fuck bites onto their ice cream ?! Moreover who eats mint chocolate ice cream ?!"

Yeonjun eyed the girl as he aggressively bit onto his ice cream. Jieun rolled her eyes at the boy's rebellious behaviour and gaged at his explanation.

"Mint chocolate is the best in the world. You have no taste buds to think that it is disgusting."

"I wouldn't spend my money if I had to eat this toothpaste flavoured shit. Just plop some toothpaste or mouthwash in your mouth and you are done."

"Excuse me ?!?"

Yeonjun screamed at the girl in disbelief as he again took a bite of his ice cream to cool himself down.

"Wait...why the fuck are you biting that toothpaste flavoured shit ?!"

"What do you want me to do then ?"

"Ice cream is supposed to be licked."

"It is supposed to be bit you idiot !"

"You should lick it !"

"What are you to lick it ?? A dog ???"

The argument went on till the two were at each other's throat. Meanwhile, Kang Taehyun stared at the two as he bit and then licked onto his cherry flavoured ice cream. 

9th July 2023

Jieun stared at the faceless man crushing Yeonjun's neck and his body slowly vanishing into thin air leaving behind a heap of White Camellia. Her sweet friend died infront of her eyes and she couldn't even do anything.

 Her sweet friend died infront of her eyes and she couldn't even do anything