1

Explore.

Kwon Jieun and her best friends Choi Yeonjun, Choi Soobin, Choi Beomgyu, Kang Taehyun and Huening Kai loved to explore in their free time. They would browse the internet for scary rituals to another world or anything related to a world which was beyond anyone's knowledge. They were just college students filled with a ton of curiosity about something that the others found weird or just straight-forwardly uncomfortable. But who could stop these curious young blood ?

...

Kwon Jieun sat at the last row of her Chemistry class and watched with a boring expression as her professor wrote down various chemical equations on the blackboard. Only the girl knows how much she hates Chemistry and want to burn the books. She sighed as she noted down the things on her notebook but frowned in irritation when she heard someone mumble the equations.

"C₂H₅OH + CH₃COOH........"

"Shut the fuck up Choi Beomgyu !"

Jieun whisper yelled at the boy who just smirked at her annoyed face and continued mumbling.

"CH₃COOC₂H₅ + H₂O......."

The bell rang while Jieun glared at the boy. Oh how much she wanted to smack the annoying smirk off his face right now but her professor wasn't planning to leave them anytime soon. Jieun just groaned in dissatisfaction and mumbled.

"You are dead after he leaves..."

Just as she completed her words, their professor ended the lecture and exited the class without glancing at the two friends fighting on the last bench. Jieun was at Beomgyu's throat while the poor boy screamed in horror.

"I wanted to vent my anger....this is a good opportunity."

"I am sorry ! Jieun-ah ! Sorry!! Someone help me !!"

Beomgyu shouted while the class ignored the chaos seemingly used to the situation. Jieun rolled her eyes at the boy's helpless state and decided to spare him before he actually dies of suffocation because at the end of the day, the girl still loved him and treated him as her brother.

"I almost died !"

"Not like I care"

Jieun shrugged and left the classroom as it was their free period. Beomgyu, who was still trying to catch his breath, ran after the girl with a scowl on his face.

"Atleast wait for me !"

"Gyu...move your legs faster ! Let me remind you that you are taller than me if you forgot."

The boy ran faster and caught up with the girl who smiled at his breathless state seemingly enjoying his misery. She entered the cafeteria along with the boy and walked over to the rest of her friends.

"Soobin Hyung ! Jieun almost killed me in the class !"

Beomgyu whined to the older when he saw Jieun happily talking with him.

"Are you dead ?"

"No but----"

"Then its fine !"

Soobin shrugged the matter and ignored the boy who continued whining like a small baby. Yeonjun stared at him in disgust as he continued slurping his noodles. Beomgyu sat on a chair next to Taehyun and Kai as he snatched the box of remaining noodles from Yeonjun.

"YAAHHH---"

Jieun stuffed Yeonjun's mouth with some homemade muffins before he started rapping and eventually beat up Beomgyu to death. Jieun and Beomgyu gave each other a thumbs up while Yeonjun chewed his muffin agressively.

"Guys ! I heard about a ritual."

Huening Kai exclaimed catching the others attention. They stopped talking and turned their attention towards the boy who jumped up and down in excitement. Soobin broke the silence and asked the younger.

"What about it ?"

"There is this ritual that needs to be performed at 3am. This opens up the door to a beautiful world filled with flowers known as the Insolitus."

"Sounds exciting !"

"I know right ! We can only enter at 3am and can stay between 3am to 5am because after that the doors to the real world will close for that person forever and they will be forgotten in the real world as if they never existed in the first place."

"What is the ritual for it?"

"The people who want to go need to sit in a circle made with fresh Chrysanthemums. The lights of the house should be turned off and each person needs to hold their own candle. We need to chant a line till the candle in our hand blows. We need to wait for a few minutes before standing up and opening the door of our house which has now become the entry gate to Insolitus."

"Creepy but wait ! What is the line we need to chant ?"

"Oh Mammon, princeps mundi alieni...nos in mundo tuo which basically means--Oh Mammon, the ruler of the strange world...let us in your world"

"Guys its seriously sounds so fake. Where did you even get this information ?"

Taehyun spoke up when he saw Beomgyu and Jieun squealing in joy and excitement after hearing the whole ritual.

"Ohh...you know I went to the arcade yesterday with my cousin ?"

Everybody nodded their head as Kai continued.

"I met a person named Seonghwa. He is into paranormal stuff like us and he was the one that told me about this !"

"Still I am skeptical about all this."

"Taehyun-ah you are such a pussy...!"

Jieun and Beomgyu teased the boy making him annoyed and agree to perform the ritual.

"Lets do it !"

Jieun squealed as she hi-fived Yeonjun and Beomgyu. Soobin and Kai just chuckled at the excited girl when Yeonjun spoke up.

"But when will we do it and in who's house ?"

"Lets do it in mine ! As you know that our summer vacations are starting in 4 days and my parents will be overseas for a trip so my house will be the perfect place."

"Jieun is right ! So its decided I guess."

Soobin spoke up followed by the bell that rang across the school campus. Everybody groaned in disappointment as they parted ways and continued the day's time table without knowing what a huge trouble they had put themselves into with this reckless decision.

...

"I will be ready to welcome their souls with open arms if they have really decided to visit my world after that poor boy agreed to the words that I told him in my human form."

Mammon, the demon of greed, laughed as he stared at the group of friends that retreated back to their usual routine without any knowledge of the trap that they were going to throw themselves into after a few days.