8

Inexorable.

"Taehyun-ah"

Soobin mumbled as he stared at the boy's state. His nose was bleeding as he continuously scratched it with his eyes that had turned completely purple. He stood completely still with his hands on his face vigorously scratching his nose.

"Oh no..."

Beomgyu mumbled as he rapidly shook his head. He watching in terror as Jieun neared the boy with trembling legs and tears flowing down her face. Soobin quickly ran to her and pulled her away from the boy. Before Jieun could protest, Taehyun fell on his knees with his bloodied hands in his hair, pulling them.

The three friends watched in fright as spikes started protruding out of the boy's spinal cord and started tearing his skin slowly. Blood splashed all over Taehyun's beige coloured shirt as the spikes grew larger in size. His body had turned green while his purple eyes widened in pain. Jieun covered her mouth at the gruesome sight of their friend's pain stricken face.

"Taehyun-ah"

Beomgyu mumbled when they saw him laying flat on his stomach with blood covering his back. The spikes had stopped growing and Taehyun's pained screams had died down. They stood still for a few minutes before Beomgyu decided to walk over to the boy. But before he could even take a step, the spikes again started growing. There was no sound coming out of Taehyun's face as the spikes tore open his back.

Their eyes widened as they started at the Lilium candidum plant that grew out of the boy's blood covered back. Soon his body also vanished along with the plant leaving behind a heap of Lilium candidum flowers. 

The white petals of the beautiful flowers shined the brightest representing purity and clarity. The flowers looked too pure to be the aftermath of a death....too pure to be the symbol of someone's death...too pure to remind them of their dead friend.

Jieun wobbled to the pile of flowers and sat in the sweet scent of the enchanting flowers mixed with the metallic smell of blood. The blood of their dead friend was still there, buried deep under the flowers just like Jieun's soul which was being buried under the weight of overwhelming emotions and death.

The reality of the situation hit her hard as she cried out in pain and sorrow. This place - the Insolitus - was swallowing them as if it was after their pure young soul. Nothing made sense to Jieun at this point. Her mind was completely blank. The numbness in her mind caused her to get flashbacks of all their deaths....first Choi Yeonjun then Huening Kai and now Kang Taehyun. They were only left with a white camellia, a sunflower and a lilium candidum as a symbol of remembrance. 

Their time was running out and they had no way out of this hellhole. Soobin was scared....in fact very scared. He was scared for his life as well as the life of his other two friends. He didn't want to be stuck here. Time was running out and so was the hope of survival in them. Oh how he wish he had never agreed to come to this messed up world in the first place.

"Jieun-ah lets go !"

Beomgyu muttered as he stared at the pile of flowers infront of him. They were fucked up...really bad. At first, Beomgyu thought that this was all a silly prank and Yeonjun would be waiting at the exit with that tall faceless man but as their friends died, he understood one thing....This was all real and his friends were really dying a painful death. All the blood and painful screams couldn't be fake, could they be ?

Jieun again took a flower and wrapped it in the paper along with the flowers. The sheet of brown paper was now covered in tears....tears of grieve....tears of loss and tears of unexplained emotions that the girl was feeling. This all felt like a bad dream....an awful nightmare that Jieun wanted to escape forever. Her friends were extremely precious to her...they were her family and now she was slowly losing her family to a ruthless place filled with even merciless creatures.

The atmosphere was extremely quiet....just like the quiet before the storm but they didn't care anymore. They had lost all hopes of remaining alive after witnessing the deaths of their friends in such atrocious ways. This place was inhumane...not a place to be ever visited by an human. Jieun would choose to die than to come here again.

She clenched onto the bouquet in her hand and stared at the tall trees around them. She saw something move in-between the thick canopy of the trees as her eyes widened. They needed to get out of here by hook or by crook. She quickly stood up and turned to the boys with an unexplainable fear in her eyes.

"We need to get out of here...NOW !!!"

Jieun screamed as she started sprinting on the path with the fog. Soobin cursed at her careless behaviour and quickly pulled Beomgyu with himself as they both ran towards Jieun. After running for what felt like hours, they finally stopped and stood infront another diversion. Jieun turned around to speak to the two boys but her eyes furrowed in confusion when she found one of them missing.

"Soobin-ah...where is Beomgyu ?"

"He was just behind me----"

Soobin cut himself off when he found no trace of the boy. The two friends stood next to each other and stared at the path that they followed. Only the footprints of two people were visible with no clue about Beomgyu's footprints. Jieun turned to look at Soobin. Both of them nodded their head as they decided to go back and try to find their friend.

"CHOI BEOMGYU !!!!"

Jieun screamed as she scanned the area. There was no sign of the boy they were looking for. Soobin tried to trace their foot print while Jieun called out for the missing boy again but in vain. She froze at her place and screamed in frustration causing Soobin to stop in his tracks.

"What happened ?"

"Did you find anything ?"

Both of them spoke up together and slowly shook their head in denial. Jieun scanned the area once more but her body froze at the sigh infront of her. She slowly called out to Soobin without moving her gaze to him and wordlessly pointed at the scene infront of them.

"Soobin"