30. Aimi

"How does it feel, Rin?"

"...My face itches."

The doctor laughed at Rin's reaction as they wheeled him out into the recovery room. He was still pretty high from the drugs, so he didn't feel the affects of the c-section. Bon had passed out during the procedure, having Shima ask the doctors to make sure he wasn't in shock or having a heart attack.

He was just fine, and so was their baby girl.

"Are we going to be able to see them tonight?" Yukio asked, his eyes lit up like Christmas lights. Shima smiled along with them as they stood next to Bon's unconscious body as they sat in the waiting room. Mephisto was sitting, waiting patiently for the doctor to get his words out over the excitement of the college students.

"Well the baby should be out in the nursery in a moment. We had to get a name for her and because Mr. Suguro was out cold, we let Mr. Okumura do the honors." Dr. Arisawa said.

"What did he name her?"

Eyes traveled to Bon as he sat up in the chair, rubbing his head. He was already feeling spectacular about his guess of it being a girl, but it would make his life all the more awesome if Rin named him the awesome name that he came up with, too.

"He named her Aimi. Aimi Haruka Suguro."

"Aw yeah, that's so fucking kick-ass!"

Dr. Arisawa jumped in both shock and a bit of fear as Bon immediately became animated, hugging the doctor and then his best friend. "I can't wait to see her! I bet she's so beautiful!" He cried. Mephisto smiled as he watched the nurse bring a new cart into the nursery.

"Now's our chance to find out. Look there."

He pointed at the nursery and all three students looked towards the window. Bon nearly tripped over his own feet and fell on his face running to the window.

"Oh my...thank you, Lord."

Her hair was brown, just like his, but her eyes were as blue as Rin's. She was sleeping, sucking on her thumb.

"Wow buddy, she really is beautiful." Shima said, holding a teary-eyed Yukio in his arms. "Ren, she's so adorable!" He said, feeling a tear falling down his cheek.

"Mr. Okumura is asking for his family. You may see him in recovery now." A nurse said, coming out and whispering in Mephisto's ear. He tapped Bon on the shoulder and signaled for them to move towards the room that Rin was place in.

#

"Where's my baby?"

"They're gonna get her for you, Rin. Hang tight baby."

Rin looked like he had been hit by a train, and felt like it too. However, he wanted to see his baby girl. It wasn't fair that Bon had gotten to see Ai before he did. He birthed her, dammit! He should have a right to hold his baby!

Before his ranting could continue, the door opened and a cart rolled in. The nurse had rolled Ai in with her bedding. She pulled out a scanner and asked to see his hospital bracelet, to which he grumbled but complied. She scanned his bracelet first and then Ai's before walking out again.

"Ryu, look! She's so pretty and precious like a little doll!" He cried, scooping her up and rocking her in his arms. "She looks just like you, Rin." Bon said, grinning like a fool. Rin smiled down at her and lifted her up to kiss her forehead. "Papa loves you, baby." He sang, kissing her cheek this time. She made a tiny gurgling noise and Rin thought he would just die of cuteness overload. He looked up at Bon, who was smiling down at them with so much love in his eyes.

"Do you wanna hold her, baby?"

"I...um--"

"What's the matter?"

"I'm scared. I don't wanna break her and I'm scared that if I touch her, she'll disappear." He said, looking down at his feet. A hand reached out and grabbed his, so he looked back up into Rin's eyes. "Come here. Sit next to me." He said. Bon obeyed, careful not to hurt Rin by straining his stitches. Rin leaned over and kissed Bon on his lips.

"You're her daddy. You wouldn't ever hurt her. Trust me, baby."

Bon shakily reached over and cradled Ai in his arms as if the smallest bump would make her shatter away. His heart melted when she opened her big, blue eyes and giggled at him. A gasp left his lips and his eyes began to tear up a bit.

"Hi, baby. I'm your daddy. I'm gonna take care of you and mommy. I love you both soooo much."

Yukio was crying again, sniffling and wiping his face as Shima pulled him closer. Rin wrapped his arms around Bon, leaning into his warmth as he fawned over their daughter.

Then Rin frowned.

"Did you call me 'mommy'? Haha, no."

"I'm daddy, you're mommy. That's how this works."

"Could you two ever pick a worse time to argue?" Yukio scolded lightly. The two looked each other in the eye before laughing a bit.

"Nah."

"No, I guess you're right."

Shima heard loud talking out in the hall and soon, the door slammed open.

"Where's the baby?! Gimme 'em, I wanna see!"

"Dammit, Shura, this is a hospital! Show some damn respect!"