Chapter 19

~ Narrators Pov ~

Two months after the death of beloved Narcissa Malfoy, the death eaters mourned and threw a small funeral. The Malfoy Manor that was once filled with laughter, light, joy, without their father of course. Now is unrecognizable.

Lucius now drinks more than ever, realizing how much he took his wife for granted, he tried to change himself a bit for his kids, it only lasted a day before he went back to his usual cycle. He has been even more far up Voldemort's ass than before.

Maisie hasn't talked to anyone during the end of her fifth year at Hogwarts, she shut out Pansy, Mattheo, even her own brother Draco. She knows that her wedding is in one month but she is still grieving her mother. She has thankfully haven't done anything drastic yet but is getting there.

Draco on the other hand took a healthier route and was just opening himself up to his girlfriend, Pansy. He confided in her everything. He tried to help Maisie do the same, however, she didn't budge. He knew that he needed to get her out of her head before she spirals.

_________________________________________

"Mai, please let me in, you don't have to talk to me but at least let me be there for you," Draco tries for the tenth time this month.

He walks in as Maisie finally gave in.

"Hey sis," Draco whispers as he sees the sight before him.

The way his sister looks almost half dead. Her eyes dry and sunken a bit. Her body being thinner. Her lips being chapped. Her silver eyes now a dull grey.

"I brought you some food and water, do you want to take a walk out in the garden after you eat?" He asks hoping for a yes.

She slowly shakes her head and gestures with her eyes for him to leave. Reluctantly Draco left the room. He just wants to see his sister smile, or at least drink something.

He walks down the hall and opens the door leading into the drawing room. He sits in his seat as he waits for the meeting to begin.

"Draco, where is your sister?" Voldemort asks impatiently.

"My lord, she is still grieving. She has not-"

"Don't give me excuses boy. Bring her to me now," He demands.

"Yes my lord."

"Wait, father she is my soon to be wife. It should be my duty to get her," Mattheo states.

"Very well."

As Mattheo anxiously walks up to Maisie's room, he remembers the last time they spoke.

_______________________________________________

~ FLASHBACK ~

"Mai, you there? Talk to me, what's wrong? You haven't spoken to me since the day we were by your favorite tree. I'm worried about you. Please talk to me," he pleads to her through the door.

Silence roared through the Slytherin dungeons as almost everyone has gone home. No reply spoken.

"Mai please...."

Confused he was as her door opens, but she wasn't standing, she was laying on her bed.

"Mattheo, I don't want to speak with you," she says using Legilimency.

"Well, you kind of are," he jokes.

"Leave."

"Maisie, did I do something? What happened maybe I can help-"

"NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU RIDDLE, you don't have to be my knight of shining armor. We aren't even married and we obviously don't love each other either. You know why Riddle, because love doesn't fucking exist," Maisie interrupts.

Mattheo didn't know how to react, the first time Maisie had spoken is her yelling how she doesn't love him. He wanted to know what was wrong, to run in there and hug her. Maybe that is what she needed or wanted him to do in that moment. He, however, at that time respected what she yelled. He closed the door, speaking one last thing before the silence rained upon the Slytherin dungeons once again.

"I do love you Maisie, I always have."

~ END OF FLASHBACK ~

_______________________________________________________

Once, he reached the doors of his soon to be wife, he knocked and walked in, knowing Maisie has never locked her door. He never expected this will be the way the both of them will be spending their summer.

"Mai, where are you? Look I know you are still grieving your mum, and that is perfectly okay but you need to attend the meetings. If it was up to me I wouldn't even have you be a death eater but you know my father. Mai?"

That's when he heard the violent sobbing coming from the bathroom.