Chapter 9

"Mai...I never realised....I'm so sorry, I should have paid more attention. Why didn't you come to me, I could have helped." Draco said looking deeply into Maisie's eyes with guilt.

"There was really nothing you could do. You were going through your own struggles and I didn't want to intrude. I'm better now and that's all that matters."

"Please let me know if something like that happens again. No matter what I'm going through, I'll always be there for you."

"I know that now, I won't be doing that again. It was a dark time in my life, but I'm working through it."

"I'm happy that you are getting better, but I know this is a lot to ask....."

"What is it?" Maisie questions.

"Will you please start to get to know Mattheo, I know he has been a dick, but maybe now that you guys are getting married..."

"No."

"But.."

"I said no. Draco, I love you so much but I'm not going to put myself through that again."

"I understand that Mai, but maybe he changed...."

"HE'S A RIDDLE. HE'LL NEVER CHANGE," I exclaim with frustration.

*SLAM*

I turn my head quickly and so does Draco. I get off of the bed and quickly rush to open the door.

Mattheo? I didn't even hear the door open!

"Follow him Mai." My brother pleads.

"What? NO."

"MAISIE PLEASE. You can finally get the answers you need and questions you want to ask. Just fucking communicate with him."

"Ugh alright fine, if it would get you to shut up and stop asking. Dick," I say rolling my eyes and whispering the last bit of my sentence.

"And she's back," he said chuckling.

"Whatever. You are lucky I love you," I told him while hugging him goodbye.

___________

"Mattheo wait!" I yell as his body gets farther and farther away.

I run from corridor to corridor, yelling out his name until a hand clasps around my mouth and pushes me against a wall.

"Will you shut up."

"Mattheo? What are you doing? Let go of me."

"No. WHAT are you doing?."

"I was just....concerned so I wanted to see if you were alright?"

"You were concerned. See if I'm alright?Really?"

"Yes. Look we need to talk about our little arrangement."

"Oh? Now you want to talk to me?"

"Well, you can't blame me for acting the way I am."

"Yes, I can. Watch me," he told me as he lets go of me and starts to walk away.

"Wait, no. Mattheo," I call out in frustration.

I grab ahold of his hand and pulled him back.

"Look. Can we just talk maturely? We are getting married whether we...I like it or not."

"I'm guessing in your case, not."