Chapter: 11

Fuck, he promised me. I should have seen this happening. My father is the Dark Lord after all.

I told him not to give her the mark. To spare her. I should have protected her more. She doesn't know what happens behind those closed doors. She's too pure for that.

I turn my head quickly. I see a small snake slithering through a crack in my dorm.

"Hello there Astrite, what have you brought me?" I say in parseltongue.

"Sssir Mattheosss I'ves broughthss a gifthss," Astrite replies, slithering up my body to rest on my arm.

I notice a box tightly wrapped around my dear anaconda. Using my right hand, I cautiously unwrap the small box from Astrite and remove any leftover string and tape.

I made Astrite a small bed to fit her body and fed her a few treats. Once I'm done caring for her, I head towards my bed with the box in hand.

I open the box to see an elegant ring.

"Mattheoss Iss forgothss tos givess yous a notess," Astrite says as she regurgitates everything she ate from the past twenty-four hours.

I walk up to the mess and see a letter. I cast a simple spell lifting it up and bringing it towards my nightstand. After doing so I clean everything up and transfigure two bowls with food and water for my snake.

After taking care of Astrite...again, I head towards the letter and use a drying spell. I unfold it to read its contents.

__________________________

Dear Mattheo,

I've gotten the desired engagement ring. In a few weeks there will be a Gala that I have planned and I will be announcing your engagement. You and my disgrace of a daughter better be there.

- Lucius

_________________________

*2 weeks later*

As I head towards the great hall I notice Maisie. She has a big smile on her face and is laughing with Pansy and Blaise. She looks very happy.

Wait why is she...are those tears in her eyes?

I watch as Nicholas walks down the great hall with Astoria.

I watch as Maisie gets up quickly and briskly walks out with Pansy and Blaise.
I wait a few seconds and head out.

I walk down the corridor and over hear.

"....Mai, you guys have been together for 3 years and you are not even the slightest bit devastated?" Pansy questions as she grabs Maisie's right hand.

"Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with Pansy, you can talk to us you know, I mean you don't have to bottle it all up. We are here for you." Blaise added on, grabbing her left hand.

"Like I said, I'm fine. I'm not bottling anything up." Maisie replies with the fake smile I was used to seeing.

Did they break up? I guess that explains all of the stares and tears. Damn that must be hard for her, they have been together since they were in second year.

I get pulled out of my thoughts when I hear Maisie saying goodbye and walking away from her friends.

I follow her to the dungeons and see that she is heading towards her brothers dorm. As I was about to come into the room, I hear the door lock with a spell.

Uncertain of what to do I end up walking to class.

__________________

*two hours later*