Chapter 10

"What the bloody hell are you doing here?" I ask in shock.

______________

"Hello Maisie," Nicholas says as he shyly enters the room.

"Nicholas what are you doing here?" I repeat.

"I...I would like to apologize," he mumbles as he sits on my bed, running his hand through his wavy black hair.

"Oh," I whisper as I sit down next to him.

He reaches for my hand and looks up to meet my eyes.

"Maisie, I am sorry for the way I reacted that night. Especially on our anniversary. I shouldn't have let my intrusive thoughts over power me," he expresses as he looks down with what looks like guilt.

"Wow, Nicholas that's very kind of you. I understand somewhat. I just wish that you could have let me explain myself more. I mean, one of the reasons we work so well is because we always communicate what we feel."

"I see that now. However, I do think it is best for now to stay the way we are. I wouldn't say we are officially over but I do think we should take a break. But I do want you to know that I still love you, mi amor."

I look up immediately. I catch his gaze and we sit in silence for a moment, uncertain of what else to say.

I watch as he cups my face and smiles. I start to feel the warmth that I was once missing. We start to lean forward.

"Urm you guys do know I'm still here right?" Pansy says from her bed.

Col and I jump away from each other, our faces as red as tomatoes. I notice Col gets very embarrassed.

"I'll be leaving now. Bye Maisie. Adios Pansy."

Once Col leaves I turn to Pansy. She looks somewhat disappointed but happy as well.

"Pans, what's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing...nothing is wrong," she replies as she kicks something under the bed.

"What was that?"

"What was what?" She counters.

I walk towards her and look under her bed. I grab a beautifully wrapped box and a letter.

"Pansy, what's this?"

"Well.....urm....it's a gift and a letter."

"No shit Sherlock. I meant who is this gift for?" I ask as I search for a name.

"It's yours. Mattheo gave this to me to give to you. I was about to show you when Nicholas walked in."

"Why would he just give me a box and a letter?"

"I don't know Mai, maybe as an apology gift?" Pansy asks uncertainly.

"Should I open it?"

"No, I think you should burn it and watch as it turns to ash." Pansy states before shouting "YES YOU BLOODY IDIOT!"

I roll my eyes at her playfully and sit back down on my bed with Pansy next to me. I look down at the small box with black wrapping and an emerald colored bow. I unwrap the wrapping to see a small jewelry box.

I look at Pansy, unsure if I should continue to open it.

She nods for me to continue. I feel her hands grab my shoulders for comfort.

I look down at the small jewelry box and open it.

"WHAT IN THE FUCKING MERLINS TESTICLES IS THIS?!" I exclaim in shock.

"Merlin, its beautiful," Pansy replies.

We both continue to look back down at the engagement ring.

"Why in the bloody hell would he give me this?"

"Well geez I don't know. I'm going to take a wild guess that maybe it's because you are already engaged?" Pansy utters mockingly as she smacks my head.

"You are very annoying you know," I say as I push her off the bed.

We both start to laugh and look back at the ring. Now I'm not going to lie, this is a very beautiful ring. The delicate gold shank, the small diamond stones, and the best part being the gorgeous black oval diamond in the middle.

"I see you like the ring," Pansy says as she inspects my mesmerized face.

"Yeah yeah I guess. I wish it was green though," I say looking up at her.

I notice the envelope that sits on my bed. I pick it up and inspect it before opening it.

I pick out the letter and start to read it.

______________________

Hello Maisie,

I am still upset with you but your father just sent me the engagement ring. I had given it to Pansy so she could hand it to you since I understand you most likely don't want to see me at the moment. I acted unreasonably earlier and I apologize. I hope you like the ring, although I do think you might have wanted it green since I know it is one of your favorite colors. I want to talk to you so meet me at the RR at ten.

P.S. Be civil and I will be too.

-M.R.
________________________

"This arse," I mutter under my breath.

"I say go now," Pansy suggests as she peers over my shoulder.

I give a quick nod and look at the clock. It's nine fifty-five so I pick up the ring and slip it onto my finger. I grab my wand off the night stand and say goodbye to Pansy.

As I leave through the door I see Draco walking up the steps. I hide in the corner where he will be unable to see me.

Before he walks down the hallway I start to hear a horrendous noise.

"PUt yOur HeAd oN mY ShOuLdeRrrrr," Draco sings as he's walking down the hall....with multiple voice cracks.

Unfortunately he continues his verse...

"HOld mE in YoUr ArMs, Ba-"

"BOO," I yell as I jump out of the corner.

"AHHHHHHH, SHIT, SHIT, SHIT," Draco yells as he falls to the ground. "MAISIE WHAT THE HELL!"

His reaction has me break out in a fit of giggles.

I turn to Draco once I gain control of myself and see him more pale than what he already is.

"Calm down Dray, it's a joke," I say through my laughter.

"Yeah yeah Mai. Is Pansy in there?"

I give him a smirk and nod. I watch as he continues his journey to my dorm, but not before flicking me on the forehead.

I let out a yelp of pain and rub my forehead while I look at the watch given to me by my mother. I see that it's ten and sigh. Since I'm already late, I take my time walking down the hall.