Take it on the Run

———
1992

After their brief encounter last night, Slash had wound up telling Y/n to come by the next day, that they'll be able to have a better conversation when they weren't so fucked up.

Slash woke up in the afternoon due to his phone ringing, multiple times. "Hello?" he groaned out, his hands covering his face.

"Slash, they can't push back the tour" Axls voice said through the other line. "What do you mean?" He sat up, eye brows furrowing.

"We're leaving in 2 hours" Was all Axl said, hanging up the phone before Slash got the chance to respond. Fuck, he thought, how the hell was he gonna explain himself to Kirk?

Y/n... his eyes widened, she was supposed to come see him today, and knowing her she was gonna wait till the last minute.

He jumped out of his bed, his mind not even comprehending all of his actions. Not until he was driving down Laurel Canyon he realized, what the fuck was he gonna say?

What was there to say? he thought. Being the person he is, he had never in his life opened himself up to someone, let alone that someone being everything he's opening up about.

His grip on the wheel tighten once he found himself parked outside of Y/ns place, taking a deep breath in, he opened the car door.

Fuck it, Y/n does it all the time, how hard can it be? His mind raced, there was no time to rethink this, it was now or never. Knocking on the door, he heard Y/ns feet patting on the floor.

"Slash?" Y/n said, a bit caught off guard.

"Y/n- I love you" He said, taking a deep breath in "The bands leaving tonight and I can't go without telling you that i want this" Y/n stared at him with wide eyes as he continued to speak "I want us to work out, and i'm sorry- i wish i could take back everything i've done- every fucked up shit i've said to you. And i know- i know i can't, but I love you Y/n"

He looked at her, his eyes full of sincerity. "And i'm done- no more women, no more bullshit. I just want you"

"Slash-" Y/n started, her heart beating a thousand miles per minute. "Trust me, please" He said "I promise- I promise you i'll never hurt you again"

Her eyes teary, knowing this was probably a promise he wouldn't keep, she whispered "Okay"

"Okay" Slash repeated, a smile beginning to grace his face. "Okay, i forgive you Slash" She smiled as she saw Slash smile widely "And i'm putting my trust in you"

"Thank you" Slash said, sounding almost out of breath "Thank you" he repeated, kissing Y/n on the lips "I love you" he said as he kissed her again.

Y/n let out a small laugh once he pulled away "I love you too" she whispered. Slash smiled at her, probably the hardest hes smiled in a while, "While i'm gone, move your stuff in, alright?" He said, holding her in his arms.

"Okay" Y/n said, looking into his eyes.

It was a deal, the years of of fighting and constant mistakes made the pair realize that in the end, they will always find their way back to each other. A love that will never be forgotten.

———