Dam That River

————
1992, Somewhere in California 

AIC had been back in Cali for a few weeks, going deep into the valley to get their record done. The only reason they decided to leave the city was cause Y/n was getting herself into some shit all the time.

Y/n had completely gone off the deep end. She was completely out of it half of the time, but no one really said anything to her since she was able to get everything she needed to do on the record done.

She acted like everything was fine, like if she never even knew Slash. And so far that had been working for her.

"Hey Y/n" Izzy said as he walked into the room she was staying in.
Y/n removed her notebook off her her lap, getting up to greet him "Hey man, what are you doing here?"
Izzy cleared his throat as he looked around Y/ns messy room, "I just wanted to check up on you"
"I'm doing good Iz" Y/n smiled at him, "Records coming out great"

"Slash told me everything that happened" Izzy said
Y/ns face went pale at the mention of Slash, "Right well, none of that matters anymore"
"He's been talking about you" Izzy said "To everyone"
"What do you mean everyone?" Y/n angrily asked
Izzy sighed "I mean anyone who had ears" "Look i know you probably don't wanna hear about him, but i thought i should let you know"

Y/n ran her hands through her hair, "What the fuck is he saying"
"I don't think you wan-" Izzy said, being cut off by Y/ns shaky voice
"No. You can't just tell me this and not tell me what he's saying"
"Okay" Izzy quietly said, "From what he told me, he left you cause you were never home." Izzy sighed "And he said he missed you"

"Jesus fucken christ" Y/n mumbled, a lump in her throat forming

Izzy looked at her, "He said he was gonna tell Duff"
"What?" Y/n said quickly "He can't do that"
"I don't know Y/n, maybe just try talking to him?" Izzy suggested
Y/n scoffed "I have nothing to fucken say to him"
"I'm not telling you to pour your heart out Y/n, i'm telling you to put him in his place" Izzy said

"Fuck" Y/n whispered "Fuck okay, you're right Iz"

*
Y/n held the phone to her ear, her leg bouncing up and down as she waited for someone to pick up the phone.

"Hello?" A female voice on the other end said

Y/n pinched the bridge of her nose before speaking "Hey! Renee right?" she said, in the best happy tone she could muster up.
The girl spoke again "Oh no, this isn't Renee, i'm Maddie"
Y/n furrowed her eyebrows "Oh, well is Slash around?"
"Oh he's definitely around" The girl, Maddie giggled

Y/n sighed "Right, well can you pass the phone to him? Its important"
"Can i ask who is this?" Maddie said
"No, you can't. Now pass me the phone to him" Y/n said, already irritated and she hasn't even spoke to Slash.
"Fine weirdo" The girl scoffed, hearing her call out to Slash

"Hello" a drunken Slash said
"You motherfucker" Y/n spoke
"Y/n?" He asked, disbelief in his voice
"You keep my fucken name out your fucken mouth" Y/n said, her voice on the verge of yelling.
"What the fuck are you talking about" Slash said
"You know exactly what i'm taking about!" Y/n yelled "And i swear to god Slash if you fucken tell Duff"
"That's what this is about" Slash scoffed
"Don't be so fucken ignorant" Y/n said "Stop going around talking about me"

"I knew word would come back to you" Slash said "I wasn't gonna tell Duff, I just wanted to hear from you"
Y/n laughed at the ridiculousness of this situation, tears falling down her face, "I have nothing to fucken say you to"

"I miss you" Slash said "and I'm sorry"

"You're fucken dead to me" Y/n said, hanging up the phone immediately after.

She sobbed into her hands, all of the hurt she had been pushing back was finally coming out.

————