New Rose

————
1990

Y/n thought back to that time in 1986 when she swore she was never gonna pick up another needle again.

Wrapping her sweater around her, she sighed as she walked towards the apartment her friend Chris, had told her about. The girl was currently staying with him and his girlfriend Susan, aka her manager.
Chris had known Y/n was entering the beginning of an addiction, but who was he to judge, he himself using also. So when Y/n desperately came to him, he had told her about a drug dealer he knew here in LA.
And now here she was, knocking on this random persons door, making sure she was at the right room number.

"Who are you?" A man with shaggy brown hair asked, slightly cracking the door open.
"Um- Y/n" She said awkwardly, "Look i'm here for some dope, my friend said he was gonna call to tell you about me"
The man opened the door, "You Cornell's friend?"
"Yea-Yea I am" She said shakily, feeling a bit lightheaded.
"Alright, come in" He said, letting her through the door.

Y/n turned to look at him, "Hey is it cool if i shoot up in here? I'll leave right after"
"Fine by me-" He the man shrugged, being able to finish his sentence right before someone else spoke up.

"Y/n?" The voice asked
Y/n's eyes widened as she turned to look at who had called her name, and to her worst nightmare, there Slash was, sitting on a couch.
"Shit" She mumbled to herself.

"So, how much do'ya need?" The man spoke, Y/n turned back to look at him, and walked to where he was sitting.
"4 grams" She said, a cloud of shame suddenly looming over her.
"Alright, 70 bucks" The man told her, as he handed her 4 little baggies of dope.
Y/n pulled out the cash from her pocket, shakily handing it over to him.
"Jeez you're starting to look rough, go sit over there" He smiled at her, whilst nodding his head over to the couch, the same couch Slash was sitting on.

Y/n weighed out her options very quickly, get high, or walk all the way back home, and probably end up puking her guts out. She chose to get high.
She quickly went to go sit down on one end of the couch, Slash being on the other.
She cursed to herself as she realized she had no spoon, and no fucken needle to shoot up with.

Slash watched her quietly for a moment, then he handed her a spoon and a needle.
"It's clean" He said, talking about the needle.
"Thanks" She said as she looked at him, she probably looked like shit.

Well, not to Slash, sure she looked pale, and looked like she was about to pass out. But to Slash (Maybe cause he was high) she looked so good, beautiful even. He thought about how she got better with age, but then the dawning realization that this was Y/n, as in Duffs little sister Y/n hit him. Shit, he thought.

Y/n leaned back with her eyes closed after she shot herself up, sighing out a breath of relief. Thank fucken god for Chris and whoever that shaggy haired guy is.

But then she was also hit with the reminder that Slash was sitting next to her. So she opened her eyes, did her best to sit up, then turned to look at him. Weirdly finding that he was already looking at her.

"I won't tell if you don't" She croaked out, sending him a small smile. Knowing she had just given him the same dilema she gave him back in 86'.

A flash of him & Y/n back in 86' ran through Slash's head, it was as if they were reading each others mind. He smiled and looked down as he shook his head. "Fine" He said.

"Alright, cool" She said as she got up, shoving the baggies she had in the inner pocket of her jacket.

His head shot up to look at Y/n as she stood up "Where are you going?" he asked.
"Back to my place" She calmly said.
"Well how are you getting home?" He asked again
"With my legs" She shrugged
"You're walking?" He asked... again.
"Yea- it's not far" She responded.