Chapter 13 - Fleur

Wiped = When a whole party or raid is killed and nobody can or wants to resurrect them, this also means that the party will have to start the room they were in all over again. This is common during boss battles, both of dungeons and of raids. When most of a party is killed often one of the members will call out "wipe" and members still alive at that time will often wait to be killed off soon after so that the whole party can start together all over again. I hate when this happens, I always feel like such a bad healer for not being able to keep everyone alive.

Seeing the picture Alex sent me, I totally get why she's not coming back to Elysium soon. I'm tired too, my fingers are hurting, but I also still have all the excitement going through me from doing those runs all day. I thought it would be much scarier than it really was. Which, yeah, a couple of weeks ago I thought the same about running end-game raids at all. But in reality, as soon as we got wiped by a boss a couple of times, we generally knew when different mechanics would hit and that made the next run a little easier. Though... Still... That was so... Eep.

I'm no longer in the voice chat, and the silence is actually nice for the moment. It doesn't take long for me to get impatient and needing to do something else, though.

I boot the game again, this time focusing instead on getting my gathering skill up, at some point I do hope to get the skill to max level. Or, at least, up high enough that I can use it to exchange items with crafters so that they'll be able to me better gear and other items. And it's just really easy and relaxing to do when you're otherwise exhausted.

I look around the game and grab a guide which explains the fastest way to level this skill up. Then I put a TV series on to watch as I start the grind. Relaxing, simple and I can do this all evening, even with half a brain.

***

I'm nervous as I stand in front of my closet. Jade is sitting on the bed, giving comments on each item that I grab.

"Dress, skirt and shirt or jeans?" I turn to her. "What should I do?"

"What do you like best?"

"All of them?" That's why I have all of them.

"What are you trying to convey to Alex?"

"Convey?" What the...?

"What do you want her to think when she sees you?"

My cheeks heat up immediately. "I don't know. I just want to go to dinner with her and see the movie."

"Sexy? Sweet? Comfy?"

"Ehh. I don't know..."

Jade sighs, standing up. "You wore a dress last time. So, let's skip that one." She looks around in my closet. "That means you've got the jeans or a skirt left."

"Yeah." I sit back down on the bed, taking Jade's place. "Still a lot of choice."

"It will probably be a little cool in the theatres, but it will be hot when you go there." Jade picks up a few things and then puts them down again. "So, something that's easy to combine with a jacket of some sort." She grabs a skirt. "This one." It's a light green colour. "And with this top, and then a thin jacket." She hands me a tight black T-shirt. How does she do this so quickly?

I look at them both. "Are you sure?" It looks a little... plain to me.

"Yes. That t-shirt looks really nice on you. And you love the skirt." She shrugs. "And the shirt is nice enough to wear as you go out and eat somewhere, no matter how fancy, or not, it is. It's a good shirt for going out for dinner."

"Shoes?"

"Boots or sandals. Depends on what you want. Boots give you a bit of an edge, looks cool, and sandals are cuter." She sits down on the bed too.