Monster High: Escape from Skull Shores 3/4

Everyone got back to the main campsite where Mr. Farnum shoved a piece of paper into Kipling, who hid it behind himself. "Lady and gentlemen." He innocently spoke.

Y/n asked him first. "The statues on this island look like Franklin. Why is that?" "Yeah, it's kinda... odd." Lagoon added.

"Why are you treating me.." Franklin was cut off by Cleo. "The way I'm supposed to be treated!" He whined. Farnum had to calm their suspicions down. "Let me answer your question with one of my own. Do you like surprises?"

Everyone nodded. "Duh, who doesn't?" "Totes!" "Sure." "Depends."

"Well, I can't say anything to ruin it. I can say, however, that all of your questions will be answered tonight!" Lagoon's face contorted into confusion and a bit of suspicion at Farnum. "Tonight? What about getting us to the Great Barrier Reef?"

The man put on an innocent act. "But then we'd miss the party." He covered his mouth and turned his back to the excited monsters. "Oh no! I've said too much.." Farnum dramatically said.

"Party?!" Y/n beamed up at her friends. "Party?" Lagoon asked, very much so less enthusiastic than Y/n.

"The tikis don't get many visitors here. So, when they do, they like to make their guests feel special." Farnum held two tikis that turned their smiles up. "So with my help, they are going to throw you the most" He was tossed into the air by his henchman and landed on the stage. "splendiferous party the world has ever known!"

Farnum pointed his staff directly at Franklin. "And you, young gentleman, will be the guest of honour!" Franklin beamed, unlike Cleo. "Me?" "What?!" The diva snarled. Farnum ignored the royalty. "Seems the tiki have become quite enamoured you." Farnum knelt in front of Franklin like he was royalty.

Cleo crossed his arms and looked away, upset he wasn't getting the royal treatment. Franklin was quite happy. "Oh, wow. I've never been the guest of honour before!" He smiled. "This all sounds fintastic," Lagoon began. "but we really should be going. My parents are gonna be worried sick if we're not there soon.."

The older man sighed and stood back up with a look of sorrow. "Oh.. Okay. I suppose I'll just tell them the party is off. Break their precious little hearts. Not to mention ruin your friend's first chance to be the guest of honour," He said, looking at Franklin. "but if that's the way you feel.." His face broke out into mischief at the sea monster.

Y/n looked at her friends to see if they really fell for this guy's attempt at manipulation, but Lagoon quickly turned a bit guilty. "Right. I guess we can stay, but just for tonight." Really? Lagoon is too nice..

Farnum's upbeat energy came back. "That's the spirit!" He snatched his staff back from Kipling. "We'll set sail in the morning." Y/n, Claws, Franklin and Cleo quickly head off to continue looking around, excitedly, but Mr. Farnum really itched Y/n wrong. The way he acted was unsettling, especially towards her friend.

She tried ignoring it by relaxing by the beach with Ghoulius and Abel. They were watching Claws and Franklin play volleyball with two other tikis. One of the tikis hit the ball and crashed into the small mountain of sand Cleo was building up. "Hey!" He crossed his arms and gave the tiki a glare.

The tiki innocently shrugged and continued the game. They managed to hit the ball a couple times before winning the round. The volleyball rolled towards a palm tree. There hid Kipling whom hid behind it. Franklin clearly noticed him. "Oh, hey, Kipling. Wanna play?"

Kipling was shocked he was caught, unsurprisingly, and stuttered an answer. "I- I better not. I-I'm not like you guys (🥺)." He handed the ball to Franklin and looked down. "My mask could slip a-and Farnum says I'm too horrible to behold.."