Monster High: Ghouls Rule! 1/3

In Mr. Rotter's classroom, the group of monsters and ghouls were watching a black and white film the teacher was showing. Y/n could recall sometime in the movie that Frankie, or rather Franklin, was a little nervous for his first Halloween. But it had been a long time since she last seen the movies.

"Sound the alarm! Halloween is fast approaching. Yes, Halloween. The one night each year the human menace sets out on a single mission, to capture and torment monsters of all kinds! Led by their vicious, monster-hunting hero, Van Hellscream, expert in the fine art of monster misery. Monsters everywhere are asking one simple question, "Are you prepared ?" Boo, indeed!"

Y/n was casually watching the short. She could recall that the humans didn't seem to bother with monsters anymore... right? She was sitting next to Claws and Abel by the projector when she overheard Franklin talk back to his friends, who didn't seem to care much about Halloween. "Guys, are you watching this?"

He tried getting their attention again with Lagoon and Gillia. "Guys!" "Ahem!" Mr. Rotter cleared his throat to get their attention to the film. Y/n continued watching. She wasn't sure why they would show a short to scare everyone that humans, or normies, were dangerous to monsters.

The film moved to a working farmer. "Meet Joe Normie. Pleasant, hardworking, man of the people nearly every day of the year." He seemed harmless.. Franklin smiled. "Except one. Halloween!" Joe's face turned scary and fierce face of fury. A mob of people were behind him.

"Halloween! The night he and a thousand of his closest normie friends turn into a crazed monster-hunting goon squad! Run for the hills, everyone!" Monsters ran from the egg-throwing, angry normies who chased them. Y/n sighed. This wasn't right. Surely she could remember that everyone didn't care about monsters since they dress up like them.

"This can't be right!.." Franklin uttered, reading farther into his magazine. "They will do anything and everything to make your lives miserable!" The narrator said. "Wait, what about "Trick or treat"?" Franklin asked, not expecting a direct answer. "Glad you asked!"

The Frankenstein looked up in confusion. "What?"

"Don't fall for any of their tricks or treats!" A werewolf in the film was seen eating up the candy that lead towards a trap. "They are traps designed to lure you out of hiding so they can haul you away!" A normie pulled a rope to put the crate on the werewolf's head as a trap.

"No, Abel! Look!" Franklin tried to show Abel his magazine, but was interrupted by Mr. Rotter. "Franklin Stein. This is your first Halloween. I advise you to pay particularly close attention!" He strictly informed.

The narrator continued. A vampire and mummy hid inside their casket and tomb. "Lock your doors and stay inside! If you are unlucky enough to find yourself outside," A goblin was about to be surrounded by a mob. "do anything to avoid being discovered!" It hid as a statue on a fountain and was spewing up water.

The werewolf was soon cornered by an angry mob. "It's those monsters that attempt to stand up and fightback who are the most at risk! Don't let this happen to you." He was then all trapped in a cage and looked at the camera with a whimpering/sad face. Franklin was absolutely shocked!

He spoke up after the film was turned off. "Mr. Rotter, this film can't be right! I mean, monsters forced to run and hide? Normies coming to get us?" Franklin nervously asked. Mr. Rotter turned his head. "That is the unfortunate history of Halloween!" He held his arms in a menacing way and random lighting made Franklin shriek.

Y/n then spoke up. "You know, humans do develop differently than monsters. So, who knows what they could be doing on Halloween? This film could be as old as me!" Claws pulled her back down. "We don't know that yet, Y/n." She sat back down. "Sorry.."

"Mr. Rotter, dude..." Medusa said, but changed her wording when Mr. Rotter gave raised his nonexistent eyebrow. "I mean, sir dude. You make us watch that boring old film every year, and every year nothing happens."

"Medusa, dude." She doesn't seem phased by it. "May I remind you of the old saying. "Those of you who forget the lessons of history "will be doomed to repeat them!"" Heather held up her textbook. "I repeated history once. But that was 'cause I accidentally burned my book." Speaking of which, she demonstrated so.

"Whoa!" She shrieked. Abel turned back to freeze her hand to the book. Everyone laughed at it. Mr. Rotter got their attention again. "Students! I assure you this is no laughing matter. Halloween is only days away!" Franklin kept speaking his mind. "But- But my magazine said this is a fun time with costumes and candy and..."

Cleo took the magazine away from behind him. "Franklin, these normie magazines are jammed full of lies. See? "Nottie to Hottie in four easy steps!" Please! You're either born with it or you're not." He said, sassily sitting back in his seat.

"Even though the normies may seem like they can be trusted, all rules go out the window on Halloween!" Franklin was still shocked. "Who knows what they might be capable of?" Mr. Rotter said. The bell finally excused the students when the teacher stopped them from leaving. "Not so fast! We will continue this discussion tomorrow."

He threw a smoke bomb, shocking everyone at how loud it was. But it revealed that the smoke went away too soon and show Mr. Rotter trying to escape through the bookshelf. Embarrassed, the door slowly opened and he threw another smoke bomb before the door closed again.

🕸️🦇❤️

In the hall, Y/n was walking with two of the Wolf siblings, Claws and Clawdy, talking about a double date. Claws had to keep his disappointed thoughts to himself, knowing that he couldn't just third wheel their date, or just go with Y/n herself.

They pass by Holly screaming with her music. "Oh, Claws, I'm totes excited! Our double date is tonight! My cousin, Thadina, is dying to meet you! Well, not literally since she's already undead.." Claws rolled his eyes in disappointment. "Gee. A double date with you, my sister, and some ghoul I never met? How could a guy pass that up?" He sarcastically asked.

Y/n stopped. "Oh, come on, don't be so stubborn. It might be fun!" She tried to convince him. Franklin came by to ask them. "Hey, guys, um... What do you know about... Halloween?" He whispered. Franklin yelled in terror when a student slammed their locker closed.

Clawdy chuckled. "Oh, no. Did Mr. Rotter show that ridiculous old film again?" Franklin held himself. "I'm so confused. I don't know what to believe." "Trust me, dude. You got nothing to worry about. Right, Y/n?" Claws asked her. She shrugged. "Well, I can only speak from personal experience, but..." She began.

Sometime centuries ago..

"..Normies were the whole reason my family fled my old village to come here."

A woman and her child were walking along a path before they see a figure, Y/n, doing something in front of her. She covered her mouth when she looked back at them. The mother and kid awkwardly waved and Y/n gave a friendly smile, waving back.

Her mouth was completely messy with red resembling blood and it was on her clothes as well. The woman and her child shrieked before she tossed her basket in the air in fear and they ran away.

Confused, Y/n pulled up a tomato (or whatever else is red) she was eating and took a bite. Her eyes widened when an angry mob ran out to her with pitchforks and torches. Soon enough, she and her father had to get away.

"All it takes is one little misunderstanding, and before you know it, out come the pitchforks and torches and bags and chains and...!" Y/n had to stop when she saw Franklin's scared face. "Um.. How is that helping?" Claws asked her, motioning to their clearly terrified friend. Y/n just gave a tiny smile.

"So sorry. On the plus side, I never would've met any of you if we hadn't moved here." She added. "Tell you what, Frankie. On Halloween, we can all have a slumber party at my house, 'kay?" Claws planned aloud. "We'll all be safe and sound together."

Unfortunately, Clawdy had to plan that as well, pissing off Claws. "You can all tell scary normie stories. Like the one about the farmer who steals the souls of..." Claws stopped her mid-sentence with a tennis ball. "A ball!" He threw it, making her chase after it. "I got it!"

End of part one