Monster High: Why Do Ghouls Fall In Love? 2/5

"Fantasies. Everybody has them." Frankie narrated.

In Mr. Rotter's classroom, Ghoulius is seen daydreaming about receiving a reward for curing mummengitis. He sighed in delight. With Lagoon, he began fantasizing about his own daydream.

"Fantasies are great. Reality can be a bolt in the neck sometimes. It's nice to take a break."

In Lagoon's fantasy, he began thinking of eating seaweed spaghetti with Gillia, his partner. They began fighting over a piece in their mouths before it snapped and Gillia slurped it up. He sighed in real life as it ended.

"But sometimes fantasies can become expectations."

Y/n happily smiled as she began fantasizing about her party. She is beyond excited as she happily grazed along the halls. With Clawdy, she was passing by a display with a beautiful pink (or other colour) necklace with the number 1600. She looked at it with a smile.

"And when that happens, it could put a lot of pressure on the monsters in your life."

A hand placed a dollar sign by the necklace to indicate it's expensive price. Clawdy was taken aback by this. She pulled out her purse to check what she has, but bats came out to show that she was broke. She whined, head lowering, then went inside the store.

Pause

Franklin came on screen. "It was Y/n's Sweet 1600 and Valentine's Day. And to top it off, the whole holiday was created just for her 400 years ago. I'll.. tell you about that later." He transitioned the scene back to the school.

"As official party planners, Cleo and Claws realized that they have 1599 birthdays to live up to."

Said boys were outside sitting by a fountain. Cleo was looking over a plan. "So, what do you think?" Claws asked him. "I think it sphinx!" Cleo ripped it into two pieces. "She did that for her 1521st birthday." He said.

Claws groaned and leaned his elbows on his knees. "Ugh! We gotta step up our game!" And here comes trouble. An orange werecat and his posse came up to them. "Mrrow.. A little birdie told me you guys were throwing a purr-fectly epic party."

He coughed out said bird feathers and picked one up between his fingers. "We're here for our invites." Cleo rolled his eyes. "Puh-lease, Tori! You're. Not. Coming." He informed.

Tori's eyes widened and he scoffed. "Give me one good reason why not!"

"Uh, how about three?" Claws pulled up his phone to show pictures of Tori harassing Y/n. Those include him shoving her huge stack of books she held, slapping her over with a big steak attached to a fishing rod whilst she was speaking with Ghoulius, and splashing water all over her and Franklin, making him electrocute her by accident.

Tori gave an eye roll. "Fine. Just remember, every kitty has his day." He turned around. "So, better watch your backs." He fixed his jacket before tip-toeing off with the twins.

"Oh! We're so scared!" Cleo mocked as they walked away. Claws huffed a deep growl after the werecats in deep annoyance.

🕸️🦇❤️

Y/n was happily talking to Franklin and Abel about her party. "It's totes going to be fangtastic! I know it!" She spotted Claws and Cleo making their way towards the group and waved at them.

"Hey, guys! How goes the party planning?" She asked. Claws and Cleo look at each other, tensing up. "Great. Right, Cleo?" Claws nervously said to him. He nodded. "Oh, totes-ma-ghost! We're gonna throw you the party of the millennium!"

Y/n smiled full-heartedly at them in happiness. Claws noticed his older sister coming in behind the three. "Hey, Clawdy. Ooh, whatcha got there, big sis?" Y/n looked back and smiled at her as she hid something behind her back.

"Oh, a little something-something for Y/n." She cheekily smiled. Y/n bashfully looked away. "Aww! You shouldn't have!" Everyone smiled at what they think she got her. "I bet it's way beautiful!" Franklin spoke up.

"Black roses?" Claws asked. "Candy skulls?" Cleo smiled. "Bowl of yak meat?" Everyone looked at Abel in disgust at the thought of what he thinks is a "gift". "What? Yak meat is delicacy." He informed them.

Clawdy brought out a thick book in one hand like it was nothing. "It's a study guide for her driver's ed test." She gave it to her. Y/n felt it weigh her down. It looked lighter when Clawdy was holding it. "You can only take that test twice, or you have to wait another six months to get your license."

"Oh! You shouldn't have.." Everyone stared, believing she wouldn't exactly be so happy about it. "Thank you!" Y/n smiled, hugging the book. "I'm actually so excited to start driving!" She took off with the heavy book in her arms.

They were shocked as their eyes follow her. Claws went up to his sister. "You got a ghoul like Y/n a practical gift? Bad wolfy!" He hit her nose with a rolled up magazine. "Ow! What?" She asked in complete oblivion.

"Her hopes for her Sweet 1600 are higher than the pyramids. Now those would make a great gift!" Cleo said, making a mental note of it.

Clawdy waved that off. "Nah, I got her something that'll make her howl at the moon!" She pulled up a gold necklace with a goblin's head hanging off it. The guys stare at it before it winked at them and they groaned in disgust. "Ugh!"

"You don't like it? No way." Clawdy pouted. If her friends don't like it, then Y/n certainly won't. Claws began scolding her for the strange gift idea, as well as the others.

"We had to tell Clawdy that the necklace was nice, but she was going to have to think of something that would knock her bolts off. Pressure was way intense."

🕸️🦇❤️

Clawdy soon picked up her phone to begging calling Cupid, the love expert. "Caller 15, what matters to your heart?" "Yeah, um, I have this... I mean, my "friend" has this problem. What do you buy the ghoul that has everything?" She asked him.

Cupid chuckled. "Oh, I hear you caller. My advice is not to buy her anything. Find her something personal. Something that says you listen." His words made Clawdy's cogs start to spin around. She began thinking of a certain situation..

~~

In a flashback, Y/n was jumping for her books that were too high in her locker. "Why do I have to be so short?..." She tried standing on her toes before a strong hand grabbed the book she was trying to get. Clawdy smiled down at her as she gave her the book.

Y/n smiled at her in appreciation, but frowned as she realized what her problem was. "I don't have all of my powers yet. I can't reach anything." She whined.

~~

Clawdy nodded. "I got it. Thanks, Cupid. You the ghoul. Uh... The man." She smiled before hanging up and howling in excitement, eager that her idea might work.

Sometime later, Clawdy was hammering something down. She had been working on it for a while before she heard footsteps behind her. "Hi, Clawdy. What have you got there?" Y/n asked. Clawdy looked at her and presented the gift.

..Which were stairs.

"Now you could get up to your locker, no prob! See? I wanted to prove that-" Y/n stopped her. "That's what you think of me? You think I'm.. short?" She looked down, clearly disappointed by the sight. Y/n felt insulted and walked away with Franklin comforting her.

Claws and Cleo gave Clawdy a look of disappointment once more. She hopped off the stairs, staring in sadness as her plan of a present was, once again, a fail.

"Clawdy found out the hard way that expectations can be a real bop on the nose."

Claws hit her nose with a magazine. "Ouch!" The boys shook their heads and went after the sad Y/n. Clawdy's ears went down in sadness and whined.

End of part two