Battle of Lismore

August 2023 during the oban campaign.

Background-Very early on on the hebridean campaign SAC members used the island to hijack a ferry in the brief mv isle of mull hijacking.In the incident SAC forces managed to get a speed boat to the ship to capture it where a passanger injured them with a shotgun.

Prelude-After an agreement with the Dutch in exchange for aid Scots stop using ferry's for island warfare.The Scots begin their first operation without using lies and deception to make a landing their target is Lismore. The Scots had acquired high altitude orbiter drones which were used before the landing for intelligence gathering.This allowed the Scots to get a list of units on the island.There was one bunker,at least 3 foxholes,100 troops minimum,one anti air weapon and 4 armored vehicles likely self propelled artillery or missile carriers. Unfortunately Unionist forces were prepared due to the earlier battle of easdale.The earlier mentioned drone was shot down as well which the Unionists reverse engineered.

Early morning (naval operations)-Two up helly aa class boats (basically a steel small longship with a 20mm gun mounted on its bow) and a skjold class set off for the island they are intercepted by a Unionist super tucano and HMS bristol.The ships manage to shoot down the aircraft after its torpedoes narrowly missed a skjold class.Bristol suffered a surprise attack on its brig by an SAC kamikaze drone.This forced the aging vessel to temporarily retreat,she did manage to score a hit on an up helly aa class heavily damaging it.This group named the eilnan bheag groups main purpose was to land on small islands and establish a landing point.This engagement set the Jacobites back at least an hour and alerted the Unionists to their landing forces presence.They are forced to land on the island of lismore one ship considers Ardnamuruchan.The crew does not do this as if they do it it will be a suicide mission for the other ship.The skjold fires a salvo at the island and several missiles.One is shot down indicating a competent air defence however it is suspected that it may be either old or very short range.

Early morning (land engagement)-One ship of the Jacobites land at achanduin Castle they quickly are fired upon.The group on the hill only consists of a sniper (armed with a .50 rpa rangemaster),a machine gunner (m2 browning) and 2 infantrymen (l1a1s).Those men would manage to hold the position quite well as the Jacobites refused to leave their ships.At another beach 500 meters north east the second Up helly aa would land.They would face 1 Unionist with a car 15 whom they would immediately disarm by shooting them in the hand.They would very quickly move up to the castle completely suprising the Unionists.A short gun fight would ensue around the ruins before the Unionists would surrender and join the Jacobite cause.They did this because if they didn't theyd be killed or used a hostages.Jacobites establish a beachhead to allow further incursion onto the island.It wouldn't be until the afternoon that another ship would arrive to assist them.The Jacobites move into sailean where they begin to battle the Unionists.A mine is set off indicating a mine field.

Late morning-Artillery launches a strike against the Scots in the south before they launch a small counter attack defeating Scots at Sailean.

Afternoon-A plane flying over the island is shot at causing one passanger to fall out of the sky.They managed to keep a hold of their ruger 57 pistol and land at a croft on the North of the island.Very shortly after a shoot out with Unionists begins with the man sneaking around the croft killing 2 Unionists in the process.The Unionists restrain him before finding out who the man is.On his person is a piece of ID stating he is Gavin Davis the supreme commander of the SAC forces.This begins the rapid SAC intervention.Immediatly after SAC forces launch a barrage at the island before about a dozen cross over from an islet.The barrage consisting of mortars and cheap drones damage both Jacobite and Unionist positions,a Unionist foxhole is destroyed in the process.Unionists would respond with gunfire rapidly destroying a mortar. After the crossing the SAC would go onto capture the foxhole.They would shoot anyone who was armed therfore the Jacobites would avoid them if they could.This was evident during a fire fight at loch fiart where the SNG would assault a Unionist position.A squadron of Jacobites had coincidentally arrived to assault the same position.The SNG officially thought they were Unionist reinforcments so they shot at them.After this they brutally assaulted a farmer who had been removing debris from the field.The uninhabited south of the island is captured by the Scots.The second group of landing ships narrowly avoid missile fire from Unionists who spotted them.An artillery shell had struck mere meters from a ship it had been saved by a trophy protection system.

Evening-Unionist reinforcments arrive.So to does a boat full of Jacobites as well as a second one carrying about 100 SNG troops and a final one carrying armoured carriers and two tank destroyers.The three boats spread out landing at port ramsay,castle coefinn and sailean.The one that landed at port ramsay would have an incredibley difficult job.This is because as soon as it exited it had to deal with four armoured vehicles.A massive hole was blown in the front of it by an artillery piece damaging one tank destroyer.The other one managed to disable a missile carrier and destroy a self propelled artillery piece.The other two were elsewhere on the island dealing with the other squadrons of Scots.One squadron is sent to protect the gaelic center which is prime target for Unionist aggression.They are stalled at the beach dealing with a well defended bunker.The infantrys prime target is castle coefinn which is suspected to hold massive amounts of Unionists.These two squadrons are stopped at the beach all while the Unionists are still picking off Jacobites.

Day after early morning-Jacobite forces retreat from the island facing heavy casualties.The execution of Gavin Davis appears to occur when the Unionists shoot him in his cell in the gaelic facility.He says some powerful words before his death.The SAC forces break through the Unionist defences and arrives in the center.The Unionists attempt to blow up the facility however they are stopped.The SAC throw out any professionalism and slaughter every Unionist around the building.SAC forces in the North capture one of multiple ferry ports.Unionist armoured vehicles retreat from the island after destroying half a platoon of Scots.The skjold class fires a volley at a small barracks in port Appin.The boat miraculously avoids a shot from an old 105mm cannon.The SAC encircle Unionists in coefinn Castle.The fighting is brutal and there is not a single Unionist survivor the Scots take moderate casualties.

Day after late morning-Unionists finish fully retreating from the island with two squadrons getting stuck on the island and used as slaves and propoganda pieces.This was due to the SAC capturing the second feery port on the island.Gavin Davis wakes up,he did not actually die instead he got knocked out.This is because the Unionists had used training ammo by accident during his killing.

End of battle

Result-Inconclusive partial victory for both sides
Casualties-79 Unionists,1 armoured vehicle,at least equal to or more SAC casualties.Heavy Jacobite casualties.