chapter 41

5:45 Am…

Amani walks in, he is tired he has been working nonstop for the past two weeks. He showers mostly at the hospital and they were quick, haven't eaten properly either he has exhausted his strengths. 

But Amani, knowing the person he is, doesn't complain, doesn't get frustrated, it's always been like this. He has a family to take care of, at least he did most of them are adults or with their original family, most of the burdens that tied him down are gone now but why is he not relaxed? 

Because he's so deep in, that the concept of rest seems foreign to him when he has no one to spend his resting time with. 

He walks inside a part of him expecting the house to be empty as usual but to his surprise on the couch inside the spacious hall, was a mother son pair embracing each other as they sleep. Amani had no choice but to have a helpless smile across his face, he thought that once the injured deer would leap back to the forest once it healed but why is it here with its fawn? 

He feels helpless inside but happy he gently stoops down brushing Sihan's hair gently and soon, kisses the temple of his dear son. Sihan's eyes gently blinked open tired but a warm welcoming smile grew. “Welcome home,” he muffles out, “I cook light dinner in case you'll be hungry.” 

Amani smiles looking at mother whose eyes look still asleep, he must have been tired from the trip. “Thank you Bambi,” 

“Well you seems tired and *yawn* hungry so why not,” 

Amani chuckles; he finds it cute how the mother struggles in battle with sleep; he soon gently picks up Noah. “Let's get the little one to bed okay?” 

“He was waiting for you, but Noah is young and can't battle sleep.” Sihan said slowly.

“He can, but he can't defeat it with his little body therefore losing.” Amani said.

“Hmm… I guess you're right,” Sihan smiles sluggishly.

“Come let's get him to bed,” 

“Hmm? Yep! Teehee,” 

Sihan was leaning on Amani while slightly dozing off on him, putting his beloved son in bed he makes sure he is sleeping well with a kiss to the head. Soon he starts to pay attention to the sleepwalking mother and follows him to his room.

Tucking Sihan in bed, he pats the sheet then Sihan turns to him with a pout. “Where are my goodnight kisses?”

It took Amani off guard but he smiles and kisses his temple as the male chuckles shutting his eyes, “ha… you are really good to me Dr. Amani, it's just that there are times I wonder… Why couldn't Nathaniel do the same? Did I do something wrong? Why was it so hard to treat me like a person with feelings?” Though he was almost asleep there was still a sounding sadness in his voice.

“Do you still love him?” 

Sihan soon shakes his head, “no, I do not anymore. But it just still hurts you know all that could we have been, disappointed is all I see with us now, he moved on and so have I.” 

“You've grown a lot, since I last saw you. You're  now a mature young man.” 

“Hey I'm not that young I'm almost 24,” 

“And I am 30, still young.” He smiles.

They both chuckle as Sihan drifts off to sleep, Amani smiles then slowly exits the room taking off his jacket he goes down to the bathroom and takes a warm shower to relax a bit, he then heads to the kitchen and sees the pot on the stove he looks inside and smiles. Sharing some into a plate he puts it to warm in the microwave then goes to his work bag to take out some paperwork. He is a very important surgeon though he covers various fields.