chapter 34

"Dad, look Noah smiles at me,"

"Emilio don't frustrate the baby," another male said.

"I'm not look!"

About around age seven smiles as he lifts Noah up, the older male stops. "Put him down if you drop him dad's gonna kill you!" 

"I won't drop him, you're overreacting!"

"Who thought you such a big word!" The older male teases.

"Uncle Ross!" 

Noah feels like a doll, the two people bickering are the youngest child/brother of Amani, Emilio Drayton and Russell Xavier. Emilio is a seven year old Ger and Russell is 18 year old, turns out Asagie has a twin Ayame. Their bio mom Amani's mom is dead, died at childbirth, while they do address Amani as dad they don't address Zorah as anything other than aunt they barely seem to have a relationship with her she on the other hand have a daughter, Anise sweet as pumpkin pie with syrup quite literally she smells too sweet. 

"Yaakov, your turn to do some Christmas shopping," Zorah said 

"I see, already. I don't really have much to spend with recent expenses I had,"

"Well, here is my card you can me pay back." 

"Thanks," 

Sihan looks at Amani feeling guilty, he is probably the reason why. After all he is refilling hid pointers card buying stuff to make him comfortable without complain. 

"I'm sorry," 

"I meant my figurines," he teases.

"What?" Sihan was confused.

"My figurine collection has gotten expensive," he said nonchalantly.

Sihan knows Amani is lying but he feels that if he presses forward he'd not get much out of him. After all, Amani was very tricky to deal with at times, his nonchalant personality makes him harder to read than Nathaniel and he is often left in the dark about how he is doing. Sihan can't help but feel hopeless.

Amani soon walks in the room and picks the baby from Emilio, “it's his changing time Emilio,” 

Emilio pouts as he puffs, stooping down he kisses the cheek of the little boy who tries to keep his pout but soon smiles seeing Amani making funny faces.

“Alright! I forgive you! Just this once!” 

The little one hugs his thighs as Amani gave Noah to Sihan, Noah looks at Amani he unconsciously puts his thumbs in his mouth as he watches the man raise the boy off the ground then fist bumps him. 

“Truce,” 

“Truce!”

He puts him down then looks at Sihan, “Okay time to make a quick change then meet up back,” 

“Huh?” Sihan was startled.

“to go shopping,” he said, putting his hands in his pockets. 

“Oh, give me a moment!” 

Sihan quickly went to change into some clothes to match the cold weather, buckling Noah in the back, Sihan went to the front when Amani fixed the rear view mirror as the two settled in. Starting the car, it was snowing a bit heavily and the heater was on, Noah feels there is a weird silence in the air when a phone suddenly rings with an unidentified caller, Amani looks at for a second before picking it up and cancelling the call, he mute the phone then paid attention to the road.

“Um, is there a problem?” 

“No, just some strange number pestering me. It's not exactly easy being a doctor,” 

“Oh,” Sihan then plays with his fingers, “um, I wanted to ask um, how is Nathaniel ?” 

Amani's eyes didn't divert from the road, “well, I can't give intimate details but based on his personal life but I can tell you based on the media… hmm you know what about after we shop you search it up?” 

“Oh okay…?” Sihan was confused and worried that something was wrong?

Noah looks at his mom, he knows of course based on the novel. Nathaniel is married, in the book following the threats of his parents he marries someone else and keeping Sihan a secret if he didn't while given the opportunity Sihan would have been trapped with the scum gong. Misery sure does love company.

===================================

Alex frowns he hasn't been able to tell Nathaniel, work seems to have gotten to him lately. 

“Nate!” He cheered as he saw him.

Nathaniel looks at him as he could taste something bitter in his mouth. He sighs then looks at Alex. He doesn't like this person but if he wants to find his lover and sin he must appeal to this person.

“Alex, how has your day been?” 

Alex lights up smiling, “great! I've joined a cooking class so I can make excellent meals!” 

‘Sihan already knows how to cook and can make wonderful meals,’ he thought bitterly.

He misses him, his son Noah, how is he? Where is Noah? Is he hungry? He is a fussy baby who is very peculiar. He is terrified and worried.

 He is terrified and worried