Chapter 47

Noah sips the juice box as he watches his grandfather come in with snacks, everyone is now sitting in the living room after a long and touching reunion.

“Noah, has gotten so big now, I– he was just barely a baby when he was born. Are there any health problems?” Rosalie asks sincerely.

“No, Noah is super healthy.” Sihan confirms. 

“Good, I was worried you know… you and I don't have the best of health and was concerned it may pass down to Noah…”  she pauses.

“Rosa,” Carlton said softly.

“No Carl,” she shakes her head calmly. “It's something our family needs to acknowledge.” 

Sihan swallows as he holds Noah closer, Noah looks up at his mother and remains close.

“We has looks of time to look over ourselves and judge our actions, whenever given an opportunity you could never rely upon us even when you wanted because of how incompetent we are as parents–” 

“Mom, that's not–” 

“It is Sihan! I am supposed to be your mother, someone you could look towards for advice or some needs but when you truly needed me I failed you… more than once. When you were pregnant I said some unforgivable things fearing that I might lose my only child at a young age but what I didn't account for was your feelings. You've always been a sickly child and just like me you adore the idea of motherhood and family, so when given the opportunity I didn't understand your side I condemn you. Sihan truly I'm sorry, you don't have to forgive me but I'm sorry for being compliant when you were being abused sorry I am not able to help you. I'm sorry,” 

Sihan eyes water, “Mama, it's okay. I know you mean well.” 

“No, Sihan meaning well will never justify the way we treated you, so I'm sorry my child, for not protecting you for not being someone to rely on.” Carlton said, going on his knees.

“Mama, papa. Seriously there is no need. You should be angry”. Sihan said feeling guilty.

Noah puts down the juice box and crawls from the chair and walks in front of Carlton. “Gramps you're old, your knees will hurt if you stay on like that, even the greatest doctor cannot defeat old age!” Noah scolds him.

Carlton looks at Noah then smiles with a bit of chuckles, “sorry Noah.” 

Rosalie smiles, “Noah is right, come here my grandbaby.” 

He walks over to Rosalie who hugs and gives him a big kiss on his cheek, “You've gotten so big, I remember you were so chubby. Fufufu” 

Noah frowns, “I wasn't!” 

“Oh, but you were, little dumpling! You were the rounded little bean bun!” 

“D-don't tease me!”  

Rosalie laughs seeing the redness of her grandson, they all laugh before Rosalie soon starts coughing. 

Noah was startled as Carlton gives her something to drink, Sihan brows furrows sadly. Rosalie seeing the worrisome expression on her son's face calms, she smiles.

“Don't look so worried, I'm fine.” 

The room soon becomes awkward, Sihan feels guilty his mother is not the most healthy and she is weak in health like him.

“So how long will you be staying?” 

“Well, I was planning to go home later tonight.” Sihan said.

“So soon,” Rosalie sighs.

“Well, I was planning on coming back at the end of the month to spend a couple of days before finding a proper school for Noah.” Sihan explains 

“Proper school?” Carlton inquires.

“Noah is a little special,” Sihan said.

“Do you want to enrol him in a private school? Do you want money we have mon–” 

“Money is not the issue,” Sihan cuts him off. “I'm sorry, um Noah can you excuse us for a moment the adults need to talk. Here is your tablet.” Sihan said

“Okay,” 

Noah takes the tablet as Sihan kisses his chubby cheek while he leaves, Sihan checks to make sure Noah is in close vicinity but at a distance where he couldn't hear. When confirmed he looked at his parents firmly.

“I don't want Nathaniel to find us, Noah is very intelligent so it's easy for him to stand out amongst his peers,” Sihan said.

“Aren't you overestimating him a little? I know kids can be smart.” 

“No, you don't understand dad, Noah is only 6 years old but he can understand high-school level studies. He had to drop-out of several schools this year because there was nothing they could teach him. If I don't find the right school it will pose an issue for both my son and Nathaniel could find him easily.” Sihan said.

“Well, why not homeschool him then?” 

“I don't really want to, after all I want him to interact and become social with his peers so he won't be lonely.” Sihan said, looking in the direction of his son.

They could see it in their son's eyes the loneliness, they don't know the entirety of what their son has been through but they can only be sad.

“It must have been hard for you,” Rosalie said holding his hand, “come here my baby boy.” 

They open arms for him as he goes over. They embrace him with warmth and care, it's been years since he feels like this, as if he was a child it didn't take long to fall asleep in their arms.

A/n.

Sihan parents may not be the best but they really try to make up for their mistakes.

This was probably like the first time in a decade where Sihan could receive his parents comfort again.