33

February 14th
11:43am  

Stepping out of the shower I grabbed my towel wrapping myself in it. I had the biggest smile plastered on my face since last night and I was just on a high to say the least. The session helped a lot and I was so happy that we decided to do therapy. I know things are going to take time but I knew we were in the right direction. August let me sleep in and he took Melody with him to get a haircut. He said he wanted to plan something big but it was so last minute I told him not to worry about it.

I sat down at my vanity mirror and decided to do my hair. I started curling my hair and pinning each curl up.  Hearing my phone ring, I grabbed it from my bed and sat back down. Answering it, I sat up the phone.

"Hey girly pop" Jayda said waving at the camera.

"Hey boo happy birthday, are you here?"

"Thank you and yeah we just landed. We are waiting on our rental then we are going to the hotel to get settled in"

"Hotel? I thought you guys were staying here?"

"We were until we figured we didn't want to be next door to the valentines parade, if you know what I mean" I laughed at shaking my head at her. 

"Wassup sis, why you ain't answer my calls yesterday?" Rico shouted popping his head in the camera.

"Melody dropped my phone in tub when I was giving her a bath"  he nodded moving out the camera as they talked amongst themselves.

"The car is here , I'll call you once we get settled in"

"Kay" hanging up. I pinned the last few curls, looking down at my phone I still haven't received a call or text back from Dess. She's making me worry. Getting out of my thoughts I went to my closet to look for something to slip on but gave up once my stomach started rumbling. I didn't eat yesterday, so I needed to get something on my stomach. Going downstairs, I was met by the most beautiful arrangement of flowers.

Taking them from the dining table, I put them in the middle of the island. I went to the fridge and scanned as I heard the front door open. Peaking around I seen August holding Melody in one arm and bags of food in another.

"Hey mommy's baby" closing the fridge I took Melody from his arms kissing her cheeks, and tickling her side.

"Stop it" she repeated through her laughter. Putting her down she ran right into her play room. August took the food out the bag then turning his attention to me smiling ear to ear.

"Happy Valentine's Day" I smiled as he stood In front of me, I admired his look. He knew he looked good right now.

"Thanks babe and thank you for the flowers" I pecked his lips and went straight to containers on the table as he chuckled at me. Sitting down, he sat in the next seat and ate the breakfast.

"How did Melly act in the barber shop?" I asked eating the fruit bowl.

"She was good until I had to put her down to finish gettin cut" Just then she walked in holding her doll in her hand. She tugged at his pants and he picked up her . Reaching for my fruit bowl I gave it to her, so August can feed her. Looking between them, I was at awe with my little family. At times I couldn't believe I had a daughter.

"Oh shit" Melody said looking down at the piece of fruit she dropped. I gasped in disbelief as August laughed.

"That's not funny August" hitting his shoulder I picked up the fruit and threw it away. "I told you to stop cussing in front of her"