24

January 1st, Sunday
3:54pm

"So where you disappear to before the ball dropped?" Tiff asked as Jayda chuckled.

"I went to check on Melody" I nodded as they both looked at me in disbelief.

"Girl bye I was standing next to her monitor and didn't hear a peep" Jayda spoke. I shook my head she waved them off. Tuning them out my eyes landed on the guys in the kitchen and August while holding Melody. His demeanor been tense since we went to sleep last night and I don't know if I did anything wrong.

"We gotta make time like this again" Taurus said smiling at Melody. Their bond was so cute.

"Where's Des?" Cha asked sitting down next to Tiffany.   I shifted my attention to Jayda as she sighed.

"I guess no one seen the headlines" Tiff said and I looked at her.

"What headlines?" I asked as Tiff took out her phone.

"So no one seen it? It's everywhere, Dess Dior dropped from her record label"

Jayda sat up in her seat taking the phone. "What?"

"um what's happening?" Cha asked confused. I sighed and sat at the edge of my seat.

"Dess broke up with future because he had a kid on her but she couldn't publicly say it due to her record label thinking that she needs him for a story line. She eventually did announce it and felt too embarrassed to come around"

"But we didn't know she was dropped from her label" Jayda said giving her phone back to tiff.

"Damn man" Tiff said sitting back in her seat. Pulling out my phone I texted Dess to check on her.

Me: Are you okay?

Me: Happy New Years 🤍

Me: I love you boo, text me if you need anything. We are all here for you

I sighed putting my phone up. I hated that Dess felt like she couldn't come around us because of judgment, when that was the last thing anybody here would do. We just wanted to return the favor for the millionth times she has been there for us. But Des was different. She was the type of person that thinks that she can handle every obstacle and situation that gets thrown her way. She didn't want to feel like she was bothering anyone with her feelings. I guess her parents made her feel this way due to the fact that they were always busy so she had to learn to deal with situations on her own since we were younger. I put my phone up and wiped my eyes so I wouldn't get emotional. Looking around I seen Myra in the corner with her head down on her phone. I stood but Rico started walking over to me.

"Let me holla at you real quick" he motioned walking away. Sighing I followed behind him away from everyone talking amongst themselves. Looking at him waiting to speak, he sighed while shaking his head.

"Ight listen. I know you gettin close with Myra but I want you to be careful Promise" I rolled my eyes crossing my arms

"I don't know what you and Aug have against her but she haven't done anything to me"

"All I'm saying is I don't trust her. Her coming to yo crib out of nowhere is shady as hell. If you think she yo sister take a test" he shrugged looking at me.

"Our sister" I motioned between the both of us.

"I ain't claiming shit without a test" he said and I blew out a breath. "What you so afraid of that you can't get a test? That should've been the first thing you did when ha weird ass showed up on yo doorstep Promise"

"I'm not a kid I can make my own decisions "

"And yo ass sho not making a good one" he scoffed and walked away. I stood there in my head for a second. Looking up at Myra that was staring at August walking over to me. My head shifted to the side as I crossed my arms. Staring at Myra, she looked over at me and shyly smiled but it faded once she noticed that I wasn't smiling.