November, 29th
Thursday
4:37pm

"Babe" Promise yelled for the thousandth time in less then 30 minutes.

I took the phone from my ear and leaned over the railing "Yeah"

"Can you please come get Mel? Im trying to study"

"Ight here I come"

"Sir?" I put the phone back to my ear.

"Yeah I'm here"

"So it seems as though your bank is on hold for pulling out too much money at one time" I scrunched my face in confusion.

"And when was this?"

"Let's see... it was on December 20th" I shook my head.

"Naw I was locked up then. This gotta be a mistake"

"August Alsina pulled out 3,450 on December 20th at 9:45 am" I shook my head.

"How long this hold gonna last of that happened damn near a year ago?"

"It's been on hold for that long because since then, you tried to use it a couple of days ago so the hold should be off today or tomorrow"

"Ight thanks"

I hung up the phone and walked down the stairs. I picked up Mel from the floor and took the remote out of her mouth as she cried.

"Who were you on the phone with?" She asked and I looked at her.

"My babymama" she glared at me while I laughed.

"I'm just playin" I kissed her temple and walked to the fridge and gave Mel a popsicle. "It was my bank" she nodded and went back to doing her work.

I thought about something for a quick second and set Mel on the counter. "Let me ask you sumin"

"Shoot" she said writing in her notebook.

"How many times you took money out my account?"

"Just twice. One for melody stuff and the other was for the house. Why?" I shook my head and cleaned Mel up

"Nun just askin"

She eyed me "Everything okay? I thought I could pull money out"

"Everything straight. I gotta go do sum right quick" I walked over and sat Mel in her play pin.

"But I need you to watch her" promise took off her glasses and looked over at me.

"I need to handle some business"

"Can you take her with you?"

"You wanna go with dada?" I asked looking at her and she just looked at me and nodded. I smiled at her.

"Ight I'll get you dress, so you can see yo unc chris"

"You know what she can stay here, it's a bit chilly out" I watched her close her computer and walk over to Mel and pick her up.