23

December 31st, Saturday
10:43am

Sitting on the balcony I drag the blunt and let the smoke flow out my mouth as I relaxed in the seat. I've been out here for a minute just watching the clouds shift from over the sun. Seeing everything unfold was relaxing by and I needed it. When that shit went down last night me and Promise decided to get a hotel just to get away from everybody since she said I couldn't calm down. I ain't gonna front like that shit didn't hurt me. Marcus knew anybody, including me; would've gave him our last penny to help with his kids. So stealing from me wasn't an option. I felt betrayed; my brother, I treated like blood took money out of my pockets while I was in a cell taking time for all of us. I was missing out on every single thing that included Melody and Promise. Just to come out to some foul shit being done behind my back when I would've given up everything for him to have something for his kids. I heard the slide door and didn't brother looking.

"How long have you been up?" Promise queried climbing into my lap with nothing but my t shirt and her underwear. I put the blunt down and looking ahead. Staring at nothing in particular.

"A minute" she stared at me before she started rubbing the back of my neck while playing with my hair.

"Are you okay?" She questioned trying to find my eyes. I looked over at her while she continued rubbing my head. I nodded.

"Yeah"

"Really?" Her hands went from my head to my beard, gently pulling on it."I know you and being that this situation is not small, I know that you're hurting. Finding out something like that is not the easiest to digest"

I sighed and shook my head. I was hurt but I ain't know how to say that shit.

"I'm good" she was about to say something but Melody started whining. Looking at the slide door she stood. She walked back inside and I put out the blunt. I stood and walked back in the door. I seen Promise changing her so I took that as a que to warm up the breakfast I got for Promise and Melody. Taking the bacon egg and cheese sandwich, it was still warm so I didn't want it up. I got Melody a cup of fruit and some waffles and toasted them.

"You are so pretty baby" Promise sung to Melody as she through a giggle fit. I smiled to myself as I continued to cut up the fruit while the waffles was in the toaster. While I took the waffles out I felt Melody pulling on my pants leg. I picked her up and grabbed Promise sandwich and gave it to her.

"What is it?" She pulled opened the greasy parchment paper and smiled up at me.

"I haven't ate a baconeggandcheese in a long time. Did you get this from papas?" She took a bite as I laughed and grabbed Melody plate.

"A what?" I sat in the chair holding Melody plate while she ate.

"Aug don't make fun of me"

"I see you still got that Brooklyn shit in you" I joked and she rolled her eyes as she ate. I shook my head while I watched Melody eat her watermelon making a mess.

"What you wanna do today?" She stood and sweet to the mini kitchen we had in the hotel.

"Stay hea. Watch some movies or sum" I shrugged and wiped Melody face off.

"It's New Years and you know we spend it with family"

"My family right hea" I stood and handed her Melody.

"Your nieces, jay, Cha, Trav , your mom?" She continued.

"My nieces, Jay, Cha and Trav can come I don't care" I shrugged and she shook her head.

"And your mom? You know she texted me and I told her we'll be at Rico's later"

"Why you lie?"

"I didn't because we are going" She put Melody down and went into the bathroom. I heard the tub running as she came out and looked in Melody bags.