14

December 22nd, Friday
1:55pm

"Fuckk"

I rested my hand on the shower wall and continued until I heard a knock on the door.

"Aug they're waiting on you downstairs hurry up" Promise yelled.

"Shit" I mumbled. "Ight here I come" I yelled finishing off.

I've been locked up for a year and been home for damn near a month and Promise won't even let me touch her. I know the reason why but even before then, and a nigga been out here struggling to deal with febreze can. I stepped out the shower and grabbed my towel. When I walked in the room Promise was in her mirror messin with her hair.

"Wassup"

"When you come back are you gonna decorate the tree with me and Melody?" She asked and I nodded.

"Fasho, I wouldn't miss it" I turned around and she smiled at me.

This was my first Christmas with Melody and I'll be dammed if I don't do everything in book with her from now on.

"How long are y'all gonna be?" She asked standing and looking over at me.

"Not long just getting some last minute stuff for Christmas"

I put the rest of my clothes on and slipped my shoes on. I walked to the mirror and tried to put my hair in a ponytail but I was struggling. I ain't know how to do this shit. Promise walked in front of me and stood on her toes and did it for me. She finished and stood behind me.

"Preciate it"

"Welcome....Your hair is getting longer"

"I might cut it"

She shook her head. "Don't..it remind me of when we first met" she said smiling. I looked at her through the mirror and smiled. But hers faded.

"Uh You need anything while I'm out?" I turned around and she shook her head.

"Oh yeah can you get Melody some more diapers and wipes and make sure they are sensitive because she breaks out easily"

"Ight imma call you"

She chuckled knowing I don't be remembering what she ask me to get from stores half of the time. She walked downstairs while followed behind her.

"Bout time. Come on this Cali traffic be gettin me tight" Rico said putting Mel down.

"Like New York ain't just as bad" Marcus said

Promise sat on the couch while I watched Mel run over to me with her arms.

"Da da is leaving Mel come here" Promise said and Melly just started pouting and jumping up and down. I picked her up and walked over to Promise.

"She a daddy's girl" Marcus laughed and Promise glared at him. I chuckled and handed her Melly before slowly walking away. She was breakin my heart by crying.

"I'll just take her with me" I said walking back up to Melody.

"It's too cold outside"

"But she gon keep crying Promise"

"She'll be fine" she said bouncing her on her leg. I hesitantly started walking to the door and she got fussier as I walked out.

"She got you wrapped around her finger man" Rico said laughing.

I waved him off and hopped in the truck. Rico pulled out of the driveway.