chapter 8

Finally I made you smile again....
It's our day ...

Flashback

It's no other than.....

"Iskandar Daniel Xun !"

Half shocked and half mad . What is he doing here .

"Why did you park your car at my favourite place ?"

I asked him , realizing two unfamiliar faces beside him . Others smiling and the others trying their best to not to laugh . They don't look Malaysian , maybe chinese or japanese .

"Again , luggage I told you I don't see something that you called 'expensive' so I just park there"

He smirked and raised his eyebrows.

I took a glance at the other side of the house . My mom and my dad were sitting on the couch looking at me with zero emotions. I saw my brother looking at the floor . Something bad had happened .

"What are you actually doing in Korea ? . Seducing other men ? . How dare you degrade us !? . You are such a disappointment to this family ! ."

My mom said .

"Mom , what have I done ? . Disappointing ? . I tried my best to become a psychologist . Seducing other men ? . What nonsense are you talking about , mother ? . I have never been close with a man before . Some of them are only work friends ."

I reply my mom sentences . She just judge me like that without knowing the truth .

"So who is this !?"

She pointed at Daniel .

"He just a work friend nothing more than that he's just helping me the other day when the patient lose control"

"I've never teached my children to lie"

She showed me a photo of a couple that wore the same clothes as us while we were at the bookstore . What a weird excuse to be mad at me .

 What a weird excuse to be mad at me

"That's not us"

I replied coldly

"Don't lie"

"I didn't lied it's really not me . Plus , Daniel hair is not like that and I don't even brought a purse . I only bring my wallet and a water bottle . The hijab style also not my style . The back of the hijab is short while mine is a little bit longer ."

I explained how I dressed that day proving to her that's not me in the picture .

"So you're telling me that your cousin is a liar ?"

She questioned me .

"What ?"

"He is the one who took this picture ! . And he said it's you . Cause he hear your voices "

"So you don't believe me ?"

I look at my mother face . Smiling hurtfully .

"Then if you don't believe me , ask him ."

I pointed at Daniel . He didn't even talk .

"Tell her . Tell her that the pic isn't real . Tell them . Tell my mother ."

He kept silenced . Not even says a damn word .

"No . Iffah is lying auntie . We were in that picture . It's us ."

How shocked am I to hear his word . That's not us . He's lying .

"See even him says it's the truth"

My mom looking at me with a dissapointed faces .

"No . No . It's not true . It's not us . Im telling the truth he's lying !"

I let my tears falling down . I ran to the back of my parents house . I pick up Riko cage and get out of the house .

"See you again family"

I looked at them with a disgusted eyes . How easy they are falling for random rumours that were made up by the other 'family member' . Shame .

I get on my car and drove off .
_________________________________________

And now here I am . At my house packing my stuff at 2 a.m. in the morning . With a red eyes from crying . The only things Im going for now is Manchester , United Kingdom . Not because im running away but I got work to do . I had an important psychologist seminar there .

I looked at my packed stuff and bag . I look at my cat Riko and said .

"You're coming with me"
_________________________________________

I dried my hair with the towel .

Shit . I messed up . I'm sorry Iffah .

I said under my breath .

Daniel Flashback

"Who is this Xun ?"

My mom showed me a picture of a couple .

"I don't know mama"

"Then why is this stranger telling me it's you . See . They even told me that you should be responsible for it . Are you hiding something from me ?"

"No . Really I didn't hide anything . And I didn't even have a girlfriend ."

I tell her the truth . And a lie . Don't know how to tell mom bout this .

"Then why is this girl's family telling us to come and talk about this"

"I don't know . But believe me . There is nothing i'll hide from you"

"Okay"

My mom said while massaging her temples .
_________________________________________

I'm trying to protect her from the jealousy of her cousin . Dang it . She must've been so let down by my word . I should've denied it .

"Sorry sweetheart , I'll make up for it"

To be continue...