Chapter 35

Dedicated to my lovely readers worldwide!
I appreciate you much😉, even the ghosts 👻

Not really sure what is going on with Wattpad, but I just republished again!
No showing of notifications to you guys!

________

Different sounds of voices and songs were heard. Women singing, dancing, hailing, praising and so on.

It was an opened courtyard in the women's quarters. Decorated to the core and bustling with excitement.

Dosha saw through the royal clothing she wore, although it covered her eyes and nose, she saw through the translucent side. She followed as his sisters and cousin sisters led the way to where she would sit on.

The girls who were singing before were now dressed in a costume still singing and playing some instruments. The yodeling kept getting higher and intense such that Hibba and some friends even went to join them.

It kept on for so long and by then, women were trooping in to greet her. They handed her their own side of their gifts. Some were noble women, wives of the state heads, rich women of the Kingdom and other women in general.

Some of the men whom were Rashid's relatives were allowed in to greet her too. All the while her veil wasn't lifted because it would be done by the elders.

An old woman was being brought in with the help of Hafsatu as she held her hand, accompanied with other elderlies. The song died down a bit.

Dosha felt the veil being lifted up and she came face to face with Inna. The old woman smiled, placing a palm on her head.

"Wannan cikakkiya ce!" Inna complimented, earning light laughters. Dosha smiled on hearing the compliment. "She's like an angel. I pray this smile never die down, you'll forever have happiness on your side...." She kept on praying and choruses were accompanied by each pause. The old woman even sang her and Rashid eulogies. Though he was absent.

Dosha felt somewhat different and special hearing these beautiful words gracing her ears. It continued for a long while.

"You'll bear great children by God's grace and they'll live up to make you and your husband proud." The last chorus of 'Aameen' was echoed accompanied by a loud cheer and the rattle beads were heard.

The singing and dancing resumed. Inna had a few words with her telling her of the things she'd heard about her and her Kingdom.

"I want to see my first great grandchild before I pass on, our new Queen. I have good grandchildren and I want you to give me the most beautiful great grandchild. This is a request from this old woman and I pray I'll set my eyes on him soonest. I don't have much time left, you see, your mother-in-law aided me to walk here, I can't walk straight anymore. Old age is dealing with me." Inna snickered, wrinkling her eyes.

"I pray it comes true soonest." Dosha replied, smiling at the thought of her heavy with child.

"It will. I like the way you speak our Queen," Inna turned, beckoning to Memuna, "Your mother has jilted me, come take me in so I'll lay my back." Memuna instead called on Hibba to do the chore, saying she wanted some time with her Queen. A red-faced Hibba took Inna in as arguing would show utmost disrespect to the old woman.

Memuna was the female version of Rashid, she'd took notice; the looks, the words, the attitude, she was more taller than her sisters and mother, almost everything, but her femininity made her different from him. Hibba also took the resemblance but with a touch of Hafsatu's and she was a bit chubby. Fa'iza is said to be the exact replica of Hafsatu.