Chapter 6

If something is bound to happen, you can do nothing about it.

So many things has happened in the past few days. He was living his simple life of a hunter and suddenly, she came in.

He was beside the river that faithful day washing his tools when he heard a shout accompanied with a huge splash in the river. His guess was an animal, because a human cannot have that kind of voice.

Approaching there, he saw nor heard a thing, except the silent flow of water and the shrilling sound of leaves, he expected to see something, but saw none. Maybe it was a wild animal and he needed to confirm to be safe.

There and then, he saw fingers accompanied with legs and then a face emerging from the water, before the whole body came to the surface. Without thinking twice, he dived into the water and swam to the body. At first, he was shocked to see a beautiful young woman, drenched and unconscious. He didn't  know her or where she came from and, the greatest fear on his mind was that she might be dead. And he prayed dearly that she shouldn't be.

He was more than happy when he watched her chest rise and fall, peacefully. She must have taken in too much water that was why she was floating. He examined her, no cuts, no injuries, no blood, just scarred wrists and neck with an injured foot. He also saw a tattoo on the left side of her neck. His mind was too clouded to think that she might be a royal. All he wanted was for her to open her eyes.

"This is suicide." He muttered to himself thinking of a way to save her. He couldn't just let her die. Could he? He opened her eyes and checked her pulse, they were still intact. The young woman he held in his hands threw up all the water in her and coughed continuously till she was shivering, clearly from cold.

"Such beauty. Why did she want to end her life?"

He knew she was in pain, she was hurt and bitter. She had an invisible scar. Anytime she speaks, she sounds jovial but deep down he heard the defect. Within these few days, he tried his best to help her heal. He has never known or seen her before, but he still wanted to.

She asked for his help that night on how she could get rid of her past and, he agreed to be of help. Eight years was no child's play, she said she was immune to it but she lied. It still hurts deep down.

That night, she decided to go far away to a different land to start a new life. She wants to forget about her royal identity and her old life. He couldn't stop her because she has to let go of her dark past. He agreed and even encouraged her.

'cough cough!' He was starting to get irritated by this man in the room.

That cough broke him out of his thoughts. The man kept snoring loudly, coughing and sneezing at the same time, snorting too.

He sat upright and glared daggers at the sleeping bag. No wonder he snores loudly, he was a big bag of hay. Sleep refused to greet him that night. He was so exhausted.

He got off the bed and walked out of the room, maybe fresh air would do. He thought to himself, stretching and groaning comfortably. He took a walk round the large bungalow building, with only his shadow to keep him company.

It was a place which housed merchants who came for trade or visitation. It was owned by one of the wealthy men in the village.

The village consists of middle class people. They have only few rich people and their village head.

"Must you be everywhere I go? Why are you just a constant pressure in my life?" He heard a low voice behind him and he didn't have to turn around to know who it belonged to.

"You can say that again. Our lives are connected, no matter how long we run away from each other, we will still see ourselves. Kaddara ne (It is destiny)." He kept walking without turning back, smirking to himself. He knew what he said got to him.